rear track bar bracket - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > rear track bar bracket

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-01-2006, 05:27 AM   #1
Nikos
2000 TJ Wrangler 

rear track bar bracket

do i need a rear track bar relocation bracket for a 2" coil springs lift? (pro comp spring +mx6 shocks)
i know ome 2" lift includes a rear track bar relocation bracket.
Thanks

Nikos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2006, 04:05 AM   #2
Nikos
2000 TJ Wrangler 

no i don't. pro comp 2" coil springs and mx6 shocks are great on and off without the track bar bracket.
Unread 03-03-2006, 09:18 AM   #3
Rocky5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Didn't need the bracket? How far is the rear/front out? I did a Rusty's 2" spring kit and my rear shifted to the pass. side 3/4".....I'm picking up my bracket today.
-Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers, Clear Turn Signals and Markers, Custom Front Bumper Hoop with upgraded hooks, Delta 50 Flowmaster, Code Alarm CA-670 Paging-Alarm with Motion Detector, K&N FIPK, JKS Discos, Procomp LCAs, Airaid TBS, Tuffy 055 rear section sub console, 4-Hella 500's, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Olympic Reverse-a-bars, Delta Headlight kit with black bezels, Edge Trail Jammer kit, Smittybilt Classic Tire Carrier, WARN Oil Skid, Skid Row steering skid, JKS adj. rear track bar, RC front adj. track bar.
Rocky5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #4
Nikos
2000 TJ Wrangler 

the rear is almost 1/2 inch out. is that a problem? i can not feel any differnce on/off road.
Unread 03-03-2006, 08:23 PM   #5
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky5
Didn't need the bracket? How far is the rear/front out? I did a Rusty's 2" spring kit and my rear shifted to the pass. side 3/4".....I'm picking up my bracket today.
Are you getting it from Rusty's or somewhere else? I just ordered the 2" coil lift and might need one too.
willydigger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2006, 08:48 PM   #6
Rocky5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willydigger
Are you getting it from Rusty's or somewhere else? I just ordered the 2" coil lift and might need one too.
I thought about Rusty's but it is $50+shipping and states it is for 3"-4.5" lifts.....on the upside, it is a "no drill" bracket. I got and OME bracket for $20 including shipping. It was made for the 2.5" kit. I just got it today and didn't have a chance to put it on today.

You just will never know if you really "need" a relocation bracket untill you actually do the lift and measure. You should measure bot front and rear to be sure the jeep will track correctly down the road. From what I've read, not many people have to do a relocation braket with a BB or 2" lift.

I guess I'm just LUCKY!
-Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers, Clear Turn Signals and Markers, Custom Front Bumper Hoop with upgraded hooks, Delta 50 Flowmaster, Code Alarm CA-670 Paging-Alarm with Motion Detector, K&N FIPK, JKS Discos, Procomp LCAs, Airaid TBS, Tuffy 055 rear section sub console, 4-Hella 500's, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Olympic Reverse-a-bars, Delta Headlight kit with black bezels, Edge Trail Jammer kit, Smittybilt Classic Tire Carrier, WARN Oil Skid, Skid Row steering skid, JKS adj. rear track bar, RC front adj. track bar.
Unread 03-03-2006, 10:15 PM   #7
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky5
I thought about Rusty's but it is $50+shipping and states it is for 3"-4.5" lifts.....on the upside, it is a "no drill" bracket. I got and OME bracket for $20 including shipping. It was made for the 2.5" kit. I just got it today and didn't have a chance to put it on today.

You just will never know if you really "need" a relocation bracket untill you actually do the lift and measure. You should measure bot front and rear to be sure the jeep will track correctly down the road. From what I've read, not many people have to do a relocation braket with a BB or 2" lift.

I guess I'm just LUCKY!
Got a link, just in case?
willydigger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2006, 10:32 PM   #8
Rocky5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willydigger
Got a link, just in case?
I bought it at 4wheel parts, was the same price there as I found online.
Unread 03-04-2006, 10:06 AM   #9
Flatbroke
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos
the rear is almost 1/2 inch out. is that a problem? i can not feel any differnce on/off road.
is the rear sticking out 1 inch farther to one side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRussoX
Haha

I actually look at a Jeepers nuts to see how informed they are. Ditch your nuts man!

Russo
Flatbroke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.