Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

rear track bar bracket

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Flatbroke 
#1 ·
do i need a rear track bar relocation bracket for a 2" coil springs lift? (pro comp spring +mx6 shocks)
i know ome 2" lift includes a rear track bar relocation bracket.
Thanks

#2 ·
no i don't. pro comp 2" coil springs and mx6 shocks are great on and off without the track bar bracket.

#3 ·
Didn't need the bracket? How far is the rear/front out? I did a Rusty's 2" spring kit and my rear shifted to the pass. side 3/4".....I'm picking up my bracket today.

#4 ·
the rear is almost 1/2 inch out. is that a problem? i can not feel any differnce on/off road.

#6 ·
willydigger said:
Are you getting it from Rusty's or somewhere else? I just ordered the 2" coil lift and might need one too.
I thought about Rusty's but it is $50+shipping and states it is for 3"-4.5" lifts.....on the upside, it is a "no drill" bracket. I got and OME bracket for $20 including shipping. It was made for the 2.5" kit. I just got it today and didn't have a chance to put it on today.

You just will never know if you really "need" a relocation bracket untill you actually do the lift and measure. You should measure bot front and rear to be sure the jeep will track correctly down the road. From what I've read, not many people have to do a relocation braket with a BB or 2" lift.

I guess I'm just LUCKY!:laugh:

#7 ·
Rocky5 said:
I thought about Rusty's but it is $50+shipping and states it is for 3"-4.5" lifts.....on the upside, it is a "no drill" bracket. I got and OME bracket for $20 including shipping. It was made for the 2.5" kit. I just got it today and didn't have a chance to put it on today.

You just will never know if you really "need" a relocation bracket untill you actually do the lift and measure. You should measure bot front and rear to be sure the jeep will track correctly down the road. From what I've read, not many people have to do a relocation braket with a BB or 2" lift.

I guess I'm just LUCKY!:laugh:
Got a link, just in case?

#8 ·
willydigger said:
Got a link, just in case?
I bought it at 4wheel parts, was the same price there as I found online.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.