RE 7.5" lift questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > RE 7.5" lift questions

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 08-26-2005, 09:11 PM   #1
joshmacc

RE 7.5" lift questions

I just bought the RE 5.5" long arm kit and upgraded to the 7.5" springs and got the back up to 7.5" also on my 2000 XJ. I'm going to be running 35's and had some questions. Is there anything extra that I will need thats not in the kit other then the SYE and Driveshaft. Some people recomend the shims for the back. Anything else along those lines? also will my I6 handle a 35" MT/R good enough stock? Or will I have to change gears? I mostly stick to roads driving atleast 30 miles a day. And only get to hit the trails about once a week. So any opinions? Thanks

Also do you think 7.5" is good enough for the 35 MT/R's?

joshmacc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2005, 09:25 PM   #2
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

First...to anybody else reading this...don't skip the part where he says he has an XJ...

(didn't want anybody else to freak out by reading just your last sentence)...

I'm not real sure on the lift question...but the answer to your gear question will depend on which transmission and which gears you're currently running...

Greg
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2005, 09:26 AM   #3
under_psi

i dont own an XJ, but a good friend of mine does, and he has 6.5" of RE lift and he has 35" maxxis creepy crawlers....he also has 4.56 gears.....and i do as well with my 35's.....i would not want any higher gears....it just makes negotiating obstacles easier........and stresses the drive train less with the (lower) gears.....

what is your stock gearing.....
What's coming through is alive. What's holding up is a mirror. But what's singing songs is a snake looking to turn this piss to wine. They're both totally void of hate, but killing me just the same. The snake behind me hisses what my damage could have been. My blood before me begs meopen up my heart again. And I feel this coming over like a storm again. considerately. Venomous voice, tempts me, drains me, bleeds me, leaves me cracked and empty. Drags me down like some sweet gravity.
under_psi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2005, 08:49 PM   #4
joshmacc

3.55 I believe
joshmacc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2005, 12:04 PM   #5
creature
2001 XJ Cherokee 

what kind of rearend do you have or plan on putting in? And you may want to consider rear disc brakes if you enjoy stopping within a reasonable distance
Unread 08-28-2005, 03:56 PM   #6
got4-Lo

with that much lift, might have problems with axle wrap since XJ's are SOA in the rear. dependding on how bad it is u moight want to conisder a ladder bar

[URL]webwheeling.com[/URL]
got4-Lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.