RE 3.5" Standard or SF - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > RE 3.5" Standard or SF

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-27-2004, 03:21 PM   #1
supertj4415

RE 3.5" Standard or SF

Well, I've got my mind set on RE. Everyone only has good things to say about their lifts, plus the price seems right.

One question though...

Im mostly gonna be playin in the mud, because thats what most available around here. However, I do make a few trips south to Mark Twain Forest and St Joe Park, where more flex is required.

Does the standard with 33's offer enough flex or should I go with the superflex?

Thanks for everyone's help.

Tim

PS: Jason I'd really like to hear from you on this one.

FUTURE MODS:
44 front/9" rear w/ 4.88s and ARB

[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/507150][SIZE=3]My Jeep Pics[/SIZE][/URL]

JEEPS won a war....your Honda mowed my lawn
supertj4415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2004, 11:19 PM   #2
Bighaeb

Im very familiar with the wheeling in your surrounding area (Potosi, MTNF Service Roads, Ft. Leonardwoood, St. Joe) and from what I've experienced, I'd say you could get away with the standard kit no problem. And with the 33s, it will be rare that you find an obstacle that will stop you.

But also think of the possibility that you might want to go to other spots one day, I.E, Superlift Offroad park, Badlands, and maybe even Moab one day, so the extra flex that comes out of the Superflex kit would be pretty helpful in these types of situations.
Unread 04-29-2004, 08:19 PM   #3
zzquik

well, if you have a little bit more money to spend and want a little more offroad capabililty just get the SF. I have the standard lift and it does just fine with the wheelin i do which is mainly mudding..one of the only major differences in the two systems is probably just the control arms, the trac-bar, extended brake lines, and the sway-bar components..overall, the standard lift is the same as the SF system but its just a little bit cheeper and lacks a couple of components that the SF has..id say the SF if u had the extra money but if you dont want to, just get the standard lift like i have where you can eventually add the other components, maybe even get the long-arm components later on for the ultimate rig..my .02$
[COLOR=navy]Blue Jeep Club Member #68[/COLOR]
02' X
RE 3.5" SL
RE Trac-Bar
DT-3000's
33" BFG AT's
AR Pythons
K&N
Jeeperman Front Bumper
$3.73's$
zzquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2004, 11:50 AM   #4
YJinSD
1990 YJ Wrangler 

installed the standrd 4in on my buddys ride. Clears 32s nice but not sure if you would rub with 33s.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/keo...&.dnm=517c.jpg
YJinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2004, 10:33 PM   #5
YJinSD
1990 YJ Wrangler 

RE isn't the last word i have a 3 1/2 in black diamond that installed much easier than th RE and performs as well if not better, and would clear the 32s the same

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/keo...90.jpg&.src=ph
YJinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2004, 12:58 AM   #6
RockPaws

The 3.5" SF kit works fine, of course not a well as the long arm. Their are a few items I highly recomend.
1) If your just getting the straight SF kit, upgrade the upper arms on both axles to adjustable. You will then be able to adjust the pinion and caster angles much better.
2) Adjustable front and rear track bars.
3) SYE kit w/ HD Tom Woods shaft.

My current set up has all adjustable control arms, 33" tires and a SYE. The adjustablity has been great. Very glad I did all the upgrades.
One customer installed the SF kit and has vibs due to no adjustabilty. I think their going to do the upgrades now.

Check with Jason at Red Rock 4x4.com he really knows his lift kits. They do a lot of product testing, what works and what doesn't.
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]01' Jeep TJ (Jeep #5)
3.5 RE Custom SuperFlex, Raingler, Kilby, Currie, Banks, Borla, American Racing, Custom mods, Always more in the works.
[URL=http://www.redrock4x4.com][COLOR=Blue]www.redrock4x4.com Rocks![/COLOR][/URL]
[URL=www.needhim.org/][COLOR=Blue]Need Him?[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT]
RockPaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.