Raceline Beadlocks & Falken Tires = No Good! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Raceline Beadlocks & Falken Tires = No Good!

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #16
krazytoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler905 View Post
What if you mounted them (to seat the inside bead), pulled the cores, loosened the bolts on the beadlock ring, then re-tightened with the hopes that the one centered bead would "pull" the tire straight under the lock ring?
I have tried that several times with no luck. The problem is that when you start to tighten the bolts in the cross pattern you push the bead no matter what because there is nothing there to hold the tire in place.

krazytoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #17
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Why not just run them on normal wheels? I still don't understand why people run a very non-aggressive A/T on race jeeps and offroading jeeps. I'd say get different tires or get non-beadlock wheels.

If you really want to keep the tires, go back and tell Discount Tire of your issues. I'm assuming that's where you bought them because the Rocky Mountains are their specific tire name for the Falkens.
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #18
krazytoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
Why not just run them on normal wheels? I still don't understand why people run a very non-aggressive A/T on race jeeps and offroading jeeps. I'd say get different tires or get non-beadlock wheels.

If you really want to keep the tires, go back and tell Discount Tire of your issues. I'm assuming that's where you bought them because the Rocky Mountains are their specific tire name for the Falkens.
I run bead locks because my rig weighs close to 7000 pounds and I drive in the sand/snow quite often. I am not really sure that your comment is even pertinent to this conversation. What tires or wheels I choose to run is my choice for what I do with my vehicle. I don't choose wheel and tire combinations off of how they look, I choose for performance. I would think that anyone should be able to run what they want and not have issues like this. I am sure a championship winning KOH Race Jeep choose a non-aggressive tire to win on because its a garbage tire and an aggressive mud tire is sooo much better...
I purchased the tires from Discount Tire Direct and if there was a Discount Tire within a reasonable driving distance I would have already visited them.
Unread 08-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #19
popeyesides
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazytoy View Post
I run bead locks because my rig weighs close to 7000 pounds and I drive in the sand/snow quite often. I am not really sure that your comment is even pertinent to this conversation. What tires or wheels I choose to run is my choice for what I do with my vehicle. I don't choose wheel and tire combinations off of how they look, I choose for performance. I would think that anyone should be able to run what they want and not have issues like this. I am sure a championship winning KOH Race Jeep choose a non-aggressive tire to win on because its a garbage tire and an aggressive mud tire is sooo much better...
I purchased the tires from Discount Tire Direct and if there was a Discount Tire within a reasonable driving distance I would have already visited them.
Maybe Gerald will chime in or give him a call, I think he ran this combo on his KOH car...
popeyesides is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #20
krazytoy

Well I had a long, pleasant, conversation with Greg at Raceline today, he basically told me they run into this problem 1-2 times a year. Unfortunately, there is no fix for it. I have to buy new tires or new wheels if I want them to balance out right. He took the time to discuss the issues and some things to "try" and get them close. Guess I'm going to have to do some thinking and decide which ones I don't want...
Unread 08-20-2013, 06:16 AM   #21
WXman

It would be cheaper to just send back the wheels probably.

But if it was me, I'd call up DTD and order an entirely new wheel/tire set and they'll ship to you already mounted and balanced and ready to go. Then return the tires and wheels you've got to where they go and be done with it. That's the nice thing about getting the wheels/tires as a set from DTD...you save all that cash and hassle because they show up at your house ready to bolt onto the Jeep.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.