quesrions on tire pressure got trails - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > quesrions on tire pressure got trails

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 11-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #16
wildkardboyz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I know im not complaining just touching on if a young guy was reading this post and being utterly lost with the physics and the complexity of the post now that's all.

Unread 11-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #17
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkardboyz View Post
I know im not complaining just touching on if a young guy was reading this post and being utterly lost with the physics and the complexity of the post now that's all.
Well, the reason we explain it in depth is that there is always a couple of guys who will brag about running 6-8 psi with no problem. And,often they are just relating their experiences and really believe that a "young guy" seeking advice will be just fine at 8 psi. But, since every muddy hill is a little different, it makes sense for "young guys" to know that 8 psi may leave them with their Johnson in their hand and their rig stranded off camber on a sand hill where it cannot be jacked up or safely moved.

So, I urge the explanation of the physics involved so that each guy can make an intelligent decision for himself.

For my part, I run Internal tube type beadlocks that permit me to run at zero psi. And, that is because I don't see myself re-beading a 37" Krawler in a mud bog. But, if I was just running around on some friendly rocks out West, I would not have spent the money.
Unread 11-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #18
fastfreddie

Cheater.
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #19
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
Cheater.
Sorry. I got hooked after puttng them on the Unimog 406. The XM-47 on a rim weighs like 170 pounds, so it had to be.
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #20
fastfreddie

I don't blame ya. It's bad enough wrestling a tire/wheel half our weight.
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.