Quadratec Moab-style Alloy Wheels - anyone tried them? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Quadratec Moab-style Alloy Wheels - anyone tried them?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 05-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
southbound
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quadratec Moab-style Alloy Wheels - anyone tried them?

As the title says, has anyone tried these wheels:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92615_210X_PG.htm

I'm thinking about the graphite/gray colored ones. They remind me of the Rubicon Sahara Rubicon Graphites.

I've heard the OEM TJ Rubicon Moabs were heavy (around 30lbs a piece). I'm just curious if these rims are around the same specs/material composition - I'm trying to gauge the pros/cons. The Quadratec Alloys seem to be a good deal when you look at what a used set of Moabs go for.

Thanks,

Unread 05-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
mate44
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
As the title says, has anyone tried these wheels:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92615_210X_PG.htm

I'm thinking about the graphite/gray colored ones. They remind me of the Rubicon Sahara Rubicon Graphites.

I've heard the OEM TJ Rubicon Moabs were heavy (around 30lbs a piece). I'm just curious if these rims are around the same specs/material composition - I'm trying to gauge the pros/cons. The Quadratec Alloys seem to be a good deal when you look at what a used set of Moabs go for.

Thanks,
They look like the Mambas mr1, has to be them. I have the mambas mr1 (machined faced), very happy. They werent very heavy, but I have no comparison. I only use them in the summer, dont know how they take salty conditions..

mate44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
southbound
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Those look sharp... Anyone tried out the graphite version? I'd like to see them on something other than the stock computer altered image on quad's website.
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
southbound
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like the Mambas are discontinued. Seems the business went under.
Unread 05-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
Quadratec
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
2007 JK Wrangler 

The Gunmetal Gray are the wheels currently mounted on our TJ.

Hope to have a cell phone pic soon to give you a raw image.

We Price Match, PM me for a quote

Online Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday

Jeep Parts | Jeep Wheels | Jeep Tires | Jeep Lift Kits | Jeep Bumpers | Jeep Soft Tops

Last edited by Quadratec; 05-31-2013 at 02:27 PM..
Quadratec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
southbound
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Damn those are sexy. I think I'm sold...
Unread 06-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #7
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Something in favor of OEM Moabs would be that they're hub-centric. Rarely (I've actually NEVER seen it, but I have to believe it's possible) are aftermarket wheels hub-centric instead of being lug-centric.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #8
southbound
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would think that they would be hub centric too if they're based off of the Moab rim. I know AEVs rims are hub centric. Maybe the quadratec rep can chime in.
Unread 06-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #9
mate44
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
I would think that they would be hub centric too if they're based off of the Moab rim. I know AEVs rims are hub centric. Maybe the quadratec rep can chime in.
They are hub centric.. Just mounted my wheels
Unread 06-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #10
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Now that is interesting and makes what I've always felt have been rip-off prices people pick for OEM Moabs into definite rip-off prices. I'd be tempted to get some and powdercoat them, but even these are still too rich for me compared to blasting and coating some other used OEM wheels (other than Moabs) I have interest in.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #11
southbound
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I think the prices on these are pretty reasonable when you consider people regularly pay around $400-500 for a set of used Moabs. These are already finished. I contacted several local coating shops and they all quoted me around $100 a wheel to powdercoat them grey or black. Even if you get a set of 5 Moabs for $250-300, you're going to still pay near twice that to have them coated (at least in my area). So in the end you're looking at what a set of these new wheels cost straight to your door.
Unread 04-18-2014, 05:31 PM   #12
ThomasSW
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mate44 View Post
They look like the Mambas mr1, has to be them. I have the mambas mr1 (machined faced), very happy. They werent very heavy, but I have no comparison. I only use them in the summer, dont know how they take salty conditions..

Hey. Quite a few Norwegians roaming this forum. I'm considering those wheels for my TJ too, or the quadratech ones. Tell me, where did you get yours and what did you end up paying for the shipping.
That's the only thing holding me back at the moment. I'm afraid I'll have to pay more in shipping than for the wheels.
Any rubbing by the way?
But they sure look good!
ThomasSW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 05:29 AM   #13
mate44
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasSW View Post
Hey. Quite a few Norwegians roaming this forum. I'm considering those wheels for my TJ too, or the quadratech ones. Tell me, where did you get yours and what did you end up paying for the shipping.
That's the only thing holding me back at the moment. I'm afraid I'll have to pay more in shipping than for the wheels.
Any rubbing by the way?
But they sure look good!
I paid $780 for 5 wheels and 25 lug nuts with shipping to New Jersey at Tirerack.com. Very pleased with them, good service. Then used JetCarrier to ship to Norway. They charged me about $250 + Norwegian taxes delivered on my door. Call JetCarrier to get a shipping quote. Also, Quadratec can ship international, so check with them too. The wheels you see at quadratec (http://www.quadratec.com/products/92615_11X0_B_PG.htm) are the same I have. No rubbing at all If you ask me, I think those rims with 245/75 mud tires look very nice on a TJ, especially if you have 1" suspension lift...

Bare si ifra om du har flere spørsmål ThomasSW. Benytter muligheten til å si at disse felgene er kinaproduserte, så jeg bruker dem kun om sommeren og ikke i saltet på vinteren. På saltede veier varer dem nok ikke lenge..

Mate44
Unread 04-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #14
ThomasSW
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mate44 View Post
I paid $780 for 5 wheels and 25 lug nuts with shipping to New Jersey at Tirerack.com. Very pleased with them, good service. Then used JetCarrier to ship to Norway. They charged me about $250 + Norwegian taxes delivered on my door. Call JetCarrier to get a shipping quote. Also, Quadratec can ship international, so check with them too. The wheels you see at quadratec (http://www.quadratec.com/products/92615_11X0_B_PG.htm) are the same I have. No rubbing at all If you ask me, I think those rims with 245/75 mud tires look very nice on a TJ, especially if you have 1" suspension lift...

Bare si ifra om du har flere spørsmål ThomasSW. Benytter muligheten til å si at disse felgene er kinaproduserte, så jeg bruker dem kun om sommeren og ikke i saltet på vinteren. På saltede veier varer dem nok ikke lenge..

Mate44
Thanks for the tip. Have an account with JetCarrier but haven't tried them yet.
PS: Har du fått dine godkjent hos BT? prøver å sjekke opp i muligheten for å få 31' innført i vognkort. Setter pris på tips i den sammenheng.
ThomasSW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 05:45 AM   #15
mate44
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasSW View Post
Thanks for the tip. Have an account with JetCarrier but haven't tried them yet.
PS: Har du fått dine godkjent hos BT? prøver å sjekke opp i muligheten for å få 31' innført i vognkort. Setter pris på tips i den sammenheng.
Very happy with JetCarrier, very professional.

PS: Har hørt at det kommer helt ann på hvilken BT du er hos. Med den kombo dekk og felg jeg har, stikker dekkene ørlitegranne (0,5-1 cm) på utsiden av originale skjermbreddere. Men i 2002 elns, kom TJ Rubicon originalt med 245/75/16 hjul, så skal vel ikke være umulig. Jeg gidder ikke godkjenne det, tror ingen legger merke til det uansett. Spesielt siden jeg har hevet bilen 1" på fjæringen. Da ser faktisk bilen original ut med den størrelsen. Blir jeg stoppa og får mangellapp, bytter jeg hjul og viser den igjen...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.