Problem with a repair - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Problem with a repair

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDJeep Liberty Window RegulatorJeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side View

Unread 09-16-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
JHStarner
2004 KJ Liberty 

Problem with a repair

I hope this is the correct forum for posting questions about suspension issues, as this particular problem focuses around the front wheel wells.

'04 Jeep Liberty Sport V6

So the upper control arms (or A-arm whatever one prefers to call it) for the front tires are in need of replacing because the ball joins on them are getting pretty bad. Not a problem, I know where and how to take care of that. What has been discovered while trying to resolve this problem is the jounce/bumper on one side is almost gone (foam chunks coming off of it), and the other is gone. I have found several places that sell replacements, and I know that I can go to a junk yard and try to grab some from a dead Liberty. But I was wondering if anything from here would do the trick. I'd much rather have the polyurethane instead of the foam, as I have already seen how the foam ones break down easily.

Thanks in advance for any help, and apologies again if this is the wrong forum.

JHStarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHStarner View Post
I hope this is the correct forum for posting questions about suspension issues, as this particular problem focuses around the front wheel wells.

So the upper control arms (or A-arm whatever one prefers to call it) for the front tires are in need of replacing because the ball joins on them are getting pretty bad. Not a problem, I know where and how to take care of that. What has been discovered while trying to resolve this problem is the jounce/bumper on one side is almost gone (foam chunks coming off of it), and the other is gone. I have found several places that sell replacements, and I know that I can go to a junk yard and try to grab some from a dead Liberty. But I was wondering if anything from here would do the trick. I'd much rather have the polyurethane instead of the foam, as I have already seen how the foam ones break down easily.

The name of the forum is tires and wheels, why would you think it is the right forum for a suspension question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
JHStarner
2004 KJ Liberty 

Because I didn't see another forum marked "suspension". Because I considered engine and drivetrain, but thought that since this issue was in one of the front wheel wells, it might be something people have run into multiple times. Thus I took a shot and landed here.
JHStarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHStarner View Post

No one makes poly ones but one company(anymore),TerraFlex,but those are for lifted KJ's as they are twice as long as the stock ones.Just get ones from a junkyard KJ or buy OEM ones.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.