Pro Comp xtreme alt verse goodyear duratrac - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Pro Comp xtreme alt verse goodyear duratrac

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 06-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
xtremescootr
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Pro Comp xtreme alt verse goodyear duratrac

i've been drueling over xtreme all terrains since the first time i saw them after i put my pro comp all terrains that are 30/9.5. once those wear out im buying 31's and now im torn between those good year hybrid tires like the duratracs/authority and the xtreme all terrain. any opinions on how the wear and perform would be good. pics would be nice too. thanks ya'll

xtremescootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
Mtnduey
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I hear ya, I'm in a similar situation but I live in NH so I don't have sales tax, but I also don't have a local dealer for Pro Comp tires so I'd have to order em online.

I like the DuraTracs a lot but I cannot find a local dealer who will sell them for less than $200 a tire which is absolute insanity IMO when talking about 31x10.50x15" tires. I've never come even close to paying that much for a 31" tire and I'm not about to start now.

I can get the DuraTracs for $130/ea + shipping online, but that brings you up to $154 each shipped

Or I could buy a set of Goodyear Authority from Walmart for $130 each. Even with lifetime rotate & balance, road hazard & everything I'm looking at $600 for a set of 4.

The thing for me is I need a tire that will perform well in the New England winters, so the DuraTrac & ProComp Xtreme AT are ideal for that, they both have the snowflake & reportedly perform exceptionally well in the cold, esp the DuraTracs, Goodyear ranks their snow performance 10/10

A set of ProComp Xtreme AT's comes out to $139 each shipped which is pretty hard to beat. But I'd still have to pay for mounting/balancing.

If I could find a local dealer who isn't high on crack cocaine in regards to the DuraTrac I'd buy a set next paycheck.
Unread 06-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
xtremescootr
1991 YJ Wrangler 

yea i would have to order them online too. i dont mind doing that though because my procomp all terrains are lasting forever so i already know the qualities good. Last i heard the duratracs were at wally world before the authority took their place.

I didnt know the procomp xtreme alt also had the snowflake logo on it. thats another good point for me to consider.i guess more of what im thinking is that is the pro comp as good off road or better then the duratrac is reportedly. Yea man luckily theres a hobby garage near me that you can mount/balance your own tires for 1/3 the price.
xtremescootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 06:26 PM   #4
dudeinajp
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

31x10.50R15 Goodyear Duratrac at Discount Tire Direct for $140ea. shipped.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...sw=false&cs=31
dudeinajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #5
Mtnduey
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I completely forgot about Discount Tires

Free shipping, now that's something I can get used to.

What I don't understand is why the guys up here want $200 a tire when the tire folks in Colorado want $150 a tire, doesn't make sense...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.