Pro Comp X vs MT/Rs - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Pro Comp X vs MT/Rs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-26-2004, 06:38 PM   #16
yj_magnus

I just skimmed all the other posts so I hope this didn't get covered. True beadlock rims aren't street legal in a lot of states, you'll want to check on that. Also, if you're not airing down to 8psi to crawl on some rocks, I wouldn't think you'd need beadlocks.
As for the rubber, I've run both. The Xterrains weren't bad, they will shake the hell out of you under 10mph and then they settle down. They're pretty quiet and seemed to hold up okay for the first 10k miles (thats when I got rid of that jeep). My only complaint was that they seemed to hydroplane more easily than some. I never noticed if they were smaller in diameter than other 33"s.
The MT/Rs are sweet (and way better looking IMO ). I'm just past the 10k point and I'm just starting to see some wear, so I'm betting on 40k. They handle great, and don't really make that much noise either. So far, call me happy.

Unread 04-27-2004, 07:38 AM   #17
Sues TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I think I've desided to go with the MT/Rs. I've called around to a few places. 4WP has a package deal but I got a cheaper price for black steel rims and the tires from America's Tire company. ATC has dozens of locations that will balance the tires and rotate them for free. So looks like I'm getting everything there. Besides, some tallent at the larger 4wheel shops seems to be lacking these days.
ARB Front Locker
PowerTrax No-Slip Rear Locker
4" Teraflex Lift
410 Gearing
Warn Winch
33" MTRs
Unread 04-27-2004, 08:28 AM   #18
pdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sues TJ
Thanks! Besides, some talent at the larger 4wheel shops seems to be lacking these days.
And here I thought that I was the only one to think that was the case!
Warn bumpers F & R/Warn gas tank skid
4 point harnesses/Poison Spyder sliders
Warrior Corner Guards/JKS Quick Disco's & telescoping front track bar/M.O.R.E. Rear traction bar/PSC ram steering
Borla header/Turbo City intake/Flowmaster muffler/new cat
all propelled by a [B]MONSTER [/B] 2.5l I4
pdw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2004, 08:43 AM   #19
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Don't forget about the free flat repair as well. Since there are a lot more America's/Discount Tire Centers around the county this is of more value than free flat repairs by 4WP. If you want added protection by the Certificate's. This gives you free tire replacement if you bust a tire and it can't be repaired. I think I got this for an extra $20 bucks a tire. There is a limit, however. If you are one of those guys that busts two tires every time you go out they will eventually cut you off. This happened to a friend of mine. He would tear out the sidewall of two tires almost every trip. Discount Tires finally said enough and won't replace any more tires free of charge. Personally I don't think this policy is unreasonable. If you're not paying attention to tire placement and constantly ripping out sidewalls then your a lousy driver in my book. I'm very aware of tire placement and will gladly adjust my line if I feel like I might damage a tire. As a result, aside from popping a bead, I have never had a flat (knock on wood).
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.