Pro Comp Series 97 Review? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Pro Comp Series 97 Review?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 07-26-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
Chance85
1985 CJ7 

Pro Comp Series 97 Review?

Does anybody have some reviews over this wheel? I like the look and cost of it but people are making me change my mind about them with alloy wheels and how they are better. Thing is the price isnt better. My Cj is my daily driver and I go offroad every once in a while. Should I save my money and go with an alloy type wheel?

Chance85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #2
billiebob
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I run ProComp 98s. I prefer steel over alloy and the $$$ saved is a bonus. There is a huge quality range in both steel & alloy wheels. ProComp is one of the better brands. The guys who mounted the tires were impressed with how little weight it took to balance them.

I have 2 sets. 5, 16" for winter grips and 5, 17" for mud terrains. Love them !!

I chose steel because I have broken alloys and been stranded and bent steels but still been able to drive. But you will get flack from the guys who just follow like sheep. A valid opinion is one thing. No respect for someone elses choice is just rude.
Unread 07-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #3
Chance85
1985 CJ7 

Thanks! I think Im going to go ahead and grab a set of 5. Have you had any problems with rust? Id like to get the 15x8 for 33x12.50 or do you have any recommendations on the width that would do good with a 12.50?
Unread 07-26-2014, 09:58 PM   #4
billiebob
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance85 View Post
Thanks! I think Im going to go ahead and grab a set of 5. Have you had any problems with rust? Id like to get the 15x8 for 33x12.50 or do you have any recommendations on the width that would do good with a 12.50?
Rim width is something each tire manufacturer specifies.

Add a photo of your CJ to your profile... I had an '87YJ for 15 years as a DD.
Unread 07-26-2014, 10:12 PM   #5
Chance85
1985 CJ7 

Heres my Jeep

00s0s_bcuhfchunxj_600x450.jpg

Ive decided that instead of the Bfg Km2 Ill go with the Cooper Stt as my buddy got some for his truck and they are great. In the specifications online it says that the rim width recommendation is 8.5 to 11. Will a 1/2 inch hurt anything? Wouldnt think so but thats why Im asking

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.