Pro Comp MT2's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Pro Comp MT2's

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 05-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
Bayview471
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Pro Comp MT2's

Anyone running them? What do you think? More importantly how are they with road noise? Thanks in advance.

Firefighter/EMT
Bayview471 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
NB_TJ

A friend is running them. Wearing well, very quiet for an MT.

EDIT: He's running the xtreme MT, didn't know about the new MT2
NB_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Moved to Tires & Wheels Forum.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:05 AM   #4
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

No experience with the XMT 2s but am currently running the first edition XMTs and am very happy with them on my DD. Take em in the rocks down to 11 psi and have had no problems at all. Grip great, no issues at all. If the 2s are even better they should be terrific. BTW, have put about 15k miles on em so far and are wearing well.
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:52 AM   #5
Bayview471
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome. I've only heard good things about them and they are going on my DD as well. Any experience with them on sand? I go on the beach more than the trails. Thanks CJ7nvrstk.

Firefighter/EMT
Bayview471 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #6
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayview471
Awesome. I've only heard good things about them and they are going on my DD as well. Any experience with them on sand? I go on the beach more than the trails. Thanks CJ7nvrstk.
I haven't had em on the sand but I'm guessing they would do well when aired down properly. The tread isn't quite as aggressive as other mud tires out there and I know they do flex well when aired down.
Unread 06-01-2013, 02:31 AM   #7
06RubiTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just sold my Pro Comp m/t. They were not the II, but I will say I would never buy another set! From day one I could never get them balanced. Ended up having to put balance bags in the tires. They always had a slight shimmy about 45 mph and I replaced every suspension part.... So it had to be the tires. They put them all on a tire balancer and was not "true" side to side. We ended up putting the best two up front. They did well in the mud and the rocks, but offroading on hills in the snow, I couldn't go anywhere. They instantly filled with snow. All my jeep would do is slide down the slopes as I drove across the hill. As I pointed the jeep up the hill, it went across the hill. I hoped in my buddies jeep with Mickey Thompson MTZ's and instantly noticed a difference. You could feel them digging in the snow. Just my $.02.

Tags
pro comp , tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.