price, wear, and performance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > price, wear, and performance

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdPoison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring Harness

Unread 07-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
4wheeler4LIFE
1998 TJ Wrangler 

price, wear, and performance

hey guys, i recently sold my XJ and bought a tj! only bad part is the tires on it are toast haha

so i'm looking for recomendations:

-need to be at least pretty good in mud. i hate mud, but all we have around here is red gooey clay mud :/

-PRICE is a big issue

-tread wear- the budget is tight, and i'll need these tire to last as a go off to college next year and travel to/from school

4wheeler4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
osd

how big?

id stay away from general grabber at2's if you have thick clay.

check out pitbull tires.
osd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
4wheeler4LIFE
1998 TJ Wrangler 

opps, forgot that haha 33x12.50r15
4wheeler4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
cumminsjeep24
1997 XJ Cherokee 

if price is an issue, you can get a cheap MT but it wont give you the performance of something like a BFG or Goodyear. with that being said, you can get BFG KM2s for pretty cheap. firestone MTs are pretty good and cheap. There are plenty of options out there. just depends on what you are willing to spend. if you are on a budget, check out craigslist to see what you can find
cumminsjeep24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #5
osd

yeah youd have to get pitbull rockers for that size in a radial. imo its worth it 100%. i had growlers on my old truck and i can personally say pitbull tires are great. im in construction. i drive all over. i got my jeep wk a month and a half ago and im already doing my first oil change. same amount of driving with my old truck that had growlers and they were amazing. both on and off road.
osd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The Dura trac's seem to do decent off road and smooth on. Kinda splits a m/t and a/t. I had good luck with MTZ's, 46k out of my last set, But i had a good maintenance routine. I went with mt/r Kevlars this time to try something new, They are a real quiet m/t as well and has a good bite. They also have a rain strip to aid in wet weather conditions. In the rain and water they stick great, Haven't seen snow yet. Cooper STT's are another aggressive tire that will last and are more friendly on the wallet by a few bucks. They are similar to the MTZ. Good luck
Unread 07-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
cumminsjeep24
1997 XJ Cherokee 

pitbull tires are expensive as ****
cumminsjeep24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
tj , tire , mud , recommendation , suggestion , price , wear , performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.