Plain STEEL rims / wheels for military look? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Plain STEEL rims / wheels for military look?

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 11-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
travisleemoser
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Plain STEEL rims / wheels for military look?

Any idea where I could get rims for my YJ (15" x 10", 5 on 4.5", ~4.5" backspacing for 33s) that are just plain-old steel rims? I'd love to have Humvee style rims since the whole thing is going military-look.

Perhaps you may know of a stock pickup that ran that size. And probably I'm just not using the serch function correctly here, so feel free to post a link to the place for me to go.

Help? Anyone? Thanks a ton.

TLM

travisleemoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
cumminsjeep24
1997 XJ Cherokee 

why not stock jeep wheels with wheel spacers? that way it will give you the military look and it will give you a better backspace.
cumminsjeep24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 01:53 AM   #3
whatevah
2012 JK Wrangler 

Factory steel wheels are a bit narrow for a 33x12.5" tire, but on the other side, 15x10 is a bit wide. 15x8 would be a better choice, usually.

Quadratec, 4wd and Summit all carry plain steel wheels, fairly cheap, too. Most come in black, but paint them gray or olive drab and you've got that military look. Jeep Steel Wheels - Quadratec And you're close enough to Quadratec that you could buy in person, then open one up next to your Jeep and if you don't like them... walk back inside and return them. Call to place the order if you want to buy in person, they don't usually stock wheels at the West Chester warehouse.
Unread 11-15-2010, 06:25 AM   #4
jlevin
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm looking at Craggars for my yj, they're all black, have a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern, and sit a little more recessed with tires than the stock YJ wheels. I'm going 15x8. I believe I found them for $52.00 per wheel, not a bad price.
jlevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 06:33 AM   #5
jlevin
1995 YJ Wrangler 

oopps, cragar, I just checked summit racing, they have them for $47.95, they have a four inch backspacing so they widen your stance a bit. Google Wrangler on black cragars, and go to images, I think they give you the military look you want. Plus they're steel, so they'll stand up to all of your off roading needs.
jlevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 07:07 AM   #6
silvanus
2006 LJ Wrangler 

1975-1979 Dodge Ramcharger- 1/2 ton 4x2 Fullsize or any early 80s 4x2 1/2 ton dodge pickup will have your bolt pattern. Check your local salvage yards or Want-Ads.
silvanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #7
travisleemoser
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. Wheel spacers and stock rims still give narrow rims, so perhaps 8" wide is the right amount.

I'll look at the bone-yards for some rims.

Thanks for reminding me about Quadratec--I see them all the time online and from the catalogs, but I often forget they're just down the road in West Chester.
travisleemoser is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.