PEP BOYS Dakota RVT's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > PEP BOYS Dakota RVT's

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-25-2004, 08:51 AM   #1
tommyc130

PEP BOYS Dakota RVT's

Does anyone here on the forum have any experiance with Pep Boys
Futura Dakota RVT tires, they are a good looking tire, and the price is right!

Thanks

Unread 01-25-2004, 10:13 AM   #2
WhatWasIThinkin

I had them a couple years ago. 33x 12.5r15's.

They were a great tire. Fairly quiet. Wore exceptionally well. Realy good road manners. Very inexpensive for a good AT tire.

I bought them for @ $89 mounted and balanced, put a bunch of miles on them and sold the set of 4 for $300 when I put the stockers back on to trade my truck for my first TJ.

They arent the most aggresive looking tire, but looks aint everything and they worked well for me.
[size=2][color=darkolivegreen]*Engine=Stock* *Armor=OYR Rear Corners, SkidRow Engine Skid, OEM Rockers* *Lift=OME 942HD & 933HD Coils, OME N66 & N67 HD Shocks, ACOS front and rear, 1-1/4" JKS BL, JKS front Track Bar* *Tires/Wheels= 12.5x33" Interco TrXus MT's mounted on 15x8 Cragar 397 Steelies* *Bumpers and Carrier=Jeeperman Rock bumpers front and rear* * Other Stuff=1" M.O.R.E Bombproof Torsion Rubber MML, Meridian Gold GPS, CE 8k Winch*[/color][/size]
WhatWasIThinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2004, 11:49 AM   #3
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

My friend has them on his XJ and loves them. Not only are they decent with traction for an AT, but if you puncture one, your not going to spend a crap load to replace it. I've had BFG ATs which were great, but were I go, I ended up popping 3 of my 4 tires. Not all at once thank god, but I spent to much on that crap.

Wish I knew about volcanizing then
Unread 01-25-2004, 03:20 PM   #4
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I tell everyone looking for a A/t tire to buy the dakota's. They ride and wear great. I have had two sets and no complaints. I wish they made them in a 35.
Patton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2004, 08:52 AM   #5
janes5150

well i dont have the AT's but i do have the MT's.love them.not to loud,wearing awsome(rotate EVERY month)and they follow the same tread pattern as the old style BFG.the only down side is the morons who tend to work there!
janes5150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2004, 02:55 PM   #6
TJRob
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janes5150
well i dont have the AT's but i do have the MT's.love them.not to loud,wearing awsome(rotate EVERY month)and they follow the same tread pattern as the old style BFG.the only down side is the morons who tend to work there!
Hey now watch it... I work there.... I ran some 33 Dakotas on my fullsize bronco for almost 5 years before replacing them. They are some extremely good tires. Just some inside info, Pepboys is going to start carrying BGF, Goodyear, and Michellin tires soon. They have already stopped carrying the Enforcer MT. Im not sure what is gonna happen with the Dakota though. Oh Yeah I do work with a lot of morons but am not one of them.....
[url=http://www.ceoffroad.com] Creative Engineering Offroad[/url][URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32021&page=1&pp=15][COLOR=blue]Blue Jeep Club Member #47[/COLOR][/URL]
[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=4][FONT=Impact][URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53556&highlight=flip+roll]Flip & Roll Club Member #3[/URL] [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]
[URL=http://www.dajc.org][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen] [SIZE=4] [FONT=Impact]Dumb *** Jeep Club Member #4[/URL] [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]
86 Bronco, 02 TJ (RE 3.5" Superflex, 37x12.5 Swamper SSRs on Cragar Soft 8s), 58 Willys 4x4
TJRob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2004, 06:38 PM   #7
eight

I've run those too, best all-terrain I've even used. Much better than the BFGs in mud, about the same as them in sand and on the highway. Before it gets hot down here I'm gonna have to buy some new 33s for my dodge and these will probably be the ones.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.