opinions on what lift to get... not sure what route to go - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > opinions on what lift to get... not sure what route to go

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
DTJ
1995 ZJ 

opinions on what lift to get... not sure what route to go

for my application

howdy yall.

I have the zj in my sig, but tranny went out on it so I bought a very nice low miles 95 limited that I happened across.

was planning on leaving the new one stock, but ive had 2 flat tires this week. Gods way of telling me I must lift this thing to get my 31's on there

I didnt care for the ride of my BB, but that was more shock related I think. I had rough country shocks and they were way too stiff for me. Will good shocks improve the ride? any options for cadilac style ride that are cheaper than $350 bilsteins?

now backround on how I use my jeep.
I drive it every night, for 4 hours delivering newspapers. I drive fast, about to the safety limit of my jeep, around twsity narrow 2 lane state hwys and some rural subdivisions. (2am-6am dont worry im safe) and I travel alot of rough gravel roads usually going 40-50 mph.

It will get very light trail use, if that. moreso I just need to put my almost brand new 31's on, and be able to drive it like Im pretending to be in dukes of hazzard. Thats about the best example of my driving style i can give.

BB handles pretty much like stock, but ive been thinking about maybe doing f>r swap or getting a 3" spring kit from iro. would a 3" spring kit from iro, or a f>r swap kill the handling of my jeep?

Once a week, my jeep will be loaded with 1500 ish pounds of newspapers (sunday papers are huge, with all the sale ads and such and are normally over 5lbs a piece. and I have 350 of those so I figure roughly 1500lbs) My jeep does fine with the weight, but sags noticeably in the back. I dont want this. Will a BB+ good shocks prevent it from sagging, or would springs be my only option in that case?

im considering 2"ome sprins instead of BB spacers to help with ride quality/ sagging from weight issue.

if I were to go with springs, can I do iro 3" springs, shocks, and stock everything else? Like I said i wont be wheeling so id like to do without the adjustable track bar and etc if i could.
Can someone link me to the 3" springs? I can only find 3.5 on the website If i cant use stock everything with 3" springs for road use, ill just do 2" springs

and as far as f>r swap id need 3.5 front springs, shocks, adj track bar and is that all? this is only $100 or so more than just the 2" ome springs is the only reason im considering it.

THIS ISNT A TRAIL RIG, 99.98% will be on road use, and most offroading it will see is baja style runs down potholed and washboarded gravel roads at 40-50.

also will not see over 31's since gas mileage is a factor for me I wont go bigger just for looks.

Thanks for the help JF..... I know its alot of questions but searching hasnt answered them all for me!

OME Springs and Black Diamond shocks, Mickey Thompson MTZ 31x10.50 on Cragar soft 8's
PICS[url]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn176/suck_it_trebek/DSC00208.jpg[/url]
[url]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn176/suck_it_trebek/DSC00206.jpg[/url]
DTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
DTJ
1995 ZJ 

ttt

10char
OME Springs and Black Diamond shocks, Mickey Thompson MTZ 31x10.50 on Cragar soft 8's
PICS[url]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn176/suck_it_trebek/DSC00208.jpg[/url]
[url]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn176/suck_it_trebek/DSC00206.jpg[/url]
DTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.