Opinions on general grabber - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Opinions on general grabber

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 09-30-2014, 08:38 PM   #1
redneckjesus97

Opinions on general grabber

What's your guys opinions on general grabber 35x12.50r15. How the ride? How's the wear? How's the noise? How's the look?

redneckjesus97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The sidewalls are very thick and tough, which is great if you need that, but that also makes them ride very stiff/harsh for an AT. Feels like an MT when you hit a bump.

One of the ruggedest ATs you can buy, but not very civilized for ride comfort.

Has a slight growl from 35 to 45 mph. Not bad for noise.

Looks mean (for an AT).
Charley3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #3
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Are you referring to the general grabber at2's or the general 'grabber' red lettered sidewall?
I have the at2's and do great, For what an a/t is made for. As mentioned stiff sidewalls, But nothing a few psi drop cant fix to an extent.
If you mean the grabber, Only thing I can say about them is, They have a nice thick sidewall too and they are a heavy tire from what I have read. Good luck either way
Unread 10-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #4
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Good question Kiowa. I assumed he meant Grabber AT2, but maybe not.
Charley3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2014, 10:38 PM   #5
redneckjesus97

I should have specified better I mean the "grabber" with the red lettering, thanks for your input though
Unread 10-02-2014, 01:03 AM   #6
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckjesus97 View Post
I should have specified better I mean the "grabber" with the red lettering, thanks for your input though
Then I have no idea how they are. I've heard their sidewalls are stiff, but that's second hand info to me since I've never tried them.
Unread 10-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #7
cumminsjeep24
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Never tried them personally but a few friends have and i have watched them work. They look awesome and work pretty well. They are a desert tire, so they are built tough. They Ride decent (find a pressure that gives a nice ride, yet correct pattern), and are not too loud. In rocks and mud they wont be a showstopper but for occasional wheeling, they will do fine. Compare it to an aggressive all terrain. As for wear, i had a customer with them 33x1050 on an f150 and they wore in 25k. Yet another had them 35 1250 on an XJ and he got 40-50k. Depends on the application. Good luck hope my experiences help.
cumminsjeep24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2014, 03:17 PM   #8
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have the red letter grabber on my YJ in the 35" flavor. On road the ride good at 25psi (chalk line for even ). I have roughly 8-9k on them. On wet roads they are better then the km2 on my XJ. In snow they are a wash compared to km2 and on rocks, gravel, loose dirt and sand they are very good but the km2 seems better on slickrock. Due to compound. My generals are also siped but they seem to be wearing faster then my km2's
Unread 10-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #9
redneckjesus97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ
I have the red letter grabber on my YJ in the 35" flavor. On road the ride good at 25psi (chalk line for even ). I have roughly 8-9k on them. On wet roads they are better then the km2 on my XJ. In snow they are a wash compared to km2 and on rocks, gravel, loose dirt and sand they are very good but the km2 seems better on slickrock. Due to compound. My generals are also siped but they seem to be wearing faster then my km2's
Thanks for the response that helps a ton
Unread 10-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #10
Clifford99

i've got 35x12.50x17 general grabber red letters on my tj, love them. they are stiff, but i run 35 psi to ease it up a little bit. they're virtually silent on the asphalt, which is a biggy for me. i've got about 4,000 miles on them and rotated them and they're wearing great. love the look, love the performance. i would definitely recommend them. moderately priced too.
Clifford99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #11
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

They are awesome!

Quiet easy driving, decent in the rain, great in the rocks, not to bad in the mud, and awesome wear 5k on them and no wear on them yet.

If you spin them they do chunk.
Unread 11-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #12
redneckjesus97

Thanks for the response, well I will be buying them in the 33x12.5r15 flavor soon and I will keep you guys posted on the results
Unread 11-18-2014, 10:48 AM   #13
WXman
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

Only thing I know about them is that they are one of the heaviest tires money can buy for a street legal Jeep, and for that reason alone I'd never touch them. I looked at a 31x10.50 that was on display at 4Wheel Parts and it was hard to handle. I can't imagine fooling with them in a 33 or 35 inch variety. No thanks. And talk about robbing horsepower....
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #14
redneckjesus97

My bfg are roughly the same weight, and I found them for 182 a piece so that kind of why I'm going with them as well is because they aren't as expensive as some as the other, and the money I save from that will go to regearing
Unread 11-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #15
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXman
Only thing I know about them is that they are one of the heaviest tires money can buy for a street legal Jeep, and for that reason alone I'd never touch them. I looked at a 31x10.50 that was on display at 4Wheel Parts and it was hard to handle. I can't imagine fooling with them in a 33 or 35 inch variety. No thanks. And talk about robbing horsepower....
4L and 4L I have no problems spinning them in soup or rocks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.