OME lift question (track bar relocation bracket) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > OME lift question (track bar relocation bracket)

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-07-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
cathellsk

OME lift question (track bar relocation bracket)

My dealership, who lifts alot of Jeeps and they do alot of wheelin' so I'm inclined to trust what they say, just put my OME lift on. When I went to pick it up I found out they didn't install the trackbar relocation bracket with my lift. The only mods I have done are the basic OME lift and a set of 32s. IIRC he told me I wouldn't need it unless I went with a bigger tire or further mods. Is this something I need to go back and have put on or is there something else, like an adjustable one, that you guys would recommend? Please help, as I'm just learning all this stuff.

'04 Electric Lime Green LJ (my John Deere), auto, softop, 2.5" OME, 32" BFG ATs on Cragar Soft 8s, Rubicon flares, 40 series Flowmaster, etc.
cathellsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2005, 09:20 PM   #2
BobboTJ

Not being familliar with your kit, I would still assume if it came with the kit that it should go on. By basic OME, you mean the 2.5" lift? Is this your rear trackbar? Measure how much your tires are out from the flares and if not equal then your axle is off (compare rear to rear, front to front)
-Black Steelies
-Custom Fabbed Front Bumper
-Herculined Tub
Comin soon-4.10's, 1" BL/MML, Skids
BobboTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2005, 09:31 PM   #3
JBXdudeTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'll probably have an answer for ya tomorrow. I screwed up the bracket the other day doing an OME install...Having things reversed and reinstalled haha. Anyway, learn from my stupidity and if you do it...be sure ur doing it right, not a lot of room to screw up! But i'll ask the fellas tomorrow at high country 4x4.
OME Lift
BGF AT's - 33's
[B][COLOR="Magenta"]Parrothead Jeeper Union member #26!![/COLOR][/B]
JBXdudeTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2005, 10:55 PM   #4
cathellsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobboTJ
By basic OME, you mean the 2.5" lift? Is this your rear trackbar? Measure how much your tires are out from the flares and if not equal then your axle is off
Your correct, its the 2.5" kit.

And, yes, my rear axle is off. Its more shifted to the passenger side by about an inch or so. As a matter of fact, the front axle looks like its off to the driver's side but not as bad as the rear.

I assume thats what the rear trackbar relocation bracket is for? Is it going to hurt anything if I don't go back and have it put on? As soon as I picked my LJ up I went to SEARS and had an alignment done btw.

'04 Electric Lime Green LJ (my John Deere), auto, softop, 2.5" OME, 32" BFG ATs on Cragar Soft 8s, Rubicon flares, 40 series Flowmaster, etc.
Unread 12-09-2005, 03:10 PM   #5
BobboTJ

If it is off in the rear, I would definitely take it to that shop and tell them to put it on free of charge.
-Black Steelies
-Custom Fabbed Front Bumper
-Herculined Tub
Comin soon-4.10's, 1" BL/MML, Skids
BobboTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2005, 03:51 PM   #6
cathellsk

Sorry, forgot to update the situation. I did go back to the shop yesterday and they are putting on the trackbar relocation bracket Monday morning.
Does anyone know if I'll have to get the alignment checked again after they do this?

Unread 12-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #7
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I've always been told to get an alignment after a lift.

And BTW, why would getting bigger tires be more reason or any reason to put the trackbar on. Either the axle's centered, or its not. The size of the tires shouldn't make a difference.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2005, 05:53 PM   #8
jaburk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathellsk
Sorry, forgot to update the situation. I did go back to the shop yesterday and they are putting on the trackbar relocation bracket Monday morning.
Does anyone know if I'll have to get the alignment checked again after they do this?
You don't need your alignment checked. As far as your front end alignment goes, the only thing that is adjustable on your Jeep is toe in which can be easily done yourself. Your throwing your hard earned $$$ down the drain by paying someone to set your toe in.

http://www.4x4xplor.com/alignment.html
Unread 12-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #9
backwash
2013 JK Wrangler 

The reason they did not put the rear trackbar bracket on is that it it the only part of that lift that is hard to do. It requires an angle drill and it's hard to get into. Then you need little girl fingers to thread the new bolts in. Good thing you caught them. You want the rear axle centered.
OME 2 1/2 Lift, BFG A/T 32x11.5 ,AR Diamond locks. JKS Quicker disco's. Kilby Skid. Cobra 75. Rokmen sliders. ARB Front and rear. Hansen bumper. Warn 9.5ti winch. Currie trackbar,Skid row engine & gas tank skids
Nth Degree tummy tuck, 1" BL
backwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2005, 08:02 PM   #10
jaburk

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwash
The reason they did not put the rear trackbar bracket on is that it it the only part of that lift that is hard to do. It requires an angle drill and it's hard to get into. Then you need little girl fingers to thread the new bolts in. Good thing you caught them. You want the rear axle centered.
You hit the nail on the head.
Unread 12-10-2005, 10:44 PM   #11
kingkawi

front track bar relocation?

I just installed a 3" lift from 4wd hardware today and in the instructions it also said that you needed to drill a new hole for the front trackbar as well, i did do it but i did not check to see if it was centered, i will do that tomorrow. I also have to align it tomorrow cause on my test ride i got the "death wobble". thank to the post above with the instructions on adjusting the toe in and such i think i may be able to correct it... i'll come back after doing so and post my findings. Has anyone else drilledthe hole for the front track bar... I'm also new to the forum, i started browsing about a week ago just looking for tips on putting in a lift because this is the first one im doing. I found this forum to be very informative, I'm glad to now be a part of the forum, thanks!!
chris
kingkawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.