OK once and for all, MTR k or KM 2. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > OK once and for all, MTR k or KM 2.

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 08-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #16
sm31
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have to throw this out there even though I'll probably catch hell for asking a dumb question...

The "reviews" portion of the tirerack website places KM2's at a substantial advantage over MTR-K's, along with a few other Mud Terrain tires. However, there is an obvious preference for MTR-K's on this forum. Is this due to different criteria among tirerack reviewers vs. jeepforum subscribers, or is something else going on?

sm31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #17
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I would not trust anything but from a forum specific to the vehicle I own (jeepforum) to determine what people consider and recommend. Not just because of the vehicle itself, but also for the intended use of the vehicle. For most of us jeepers, we put our tires to good use on all different types of terrain, not just the mall parking lot or abandoned construction sites (which by the way is trespassing and illegal). You also need to filter through the comments to find people who have had experience with the tires of interest.

I live in northern IL and I currently run 35" GY MTRKs and I honestly think these are the best tires I've owned to date. If you ever go to the Badlands in Attica IN (jagged rock, boulders, sand, mud) then these tires will do very well for you. Almost all of us IndyORV guys run the MTRKs. I've also owned 33" Interco Trxus MTs and loved them, they were the best in the snow and were also incredible on rocks. Both tires have a very soft tire compound but the TrXus MTs did not do nearly as well in the mud since they did not have the deep void tread pattern and lugs.

Anyway, OP.. as my good friend 2doorxj suggested, please do your homework first and eliminate the need for more threads on the same subject with the same questions and same answers. Good luck with your new tires

IndyORV
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
km2 , mtrk , mud tires , new tire , tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.