Official BFG KM2 thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Official BFG KM2 thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
Magus2727
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Official BFG KM2 thread

I have done a search on this and I normally only come up with ďare KM2's better then...."

I would like this thread to be just about KM2's and user experience with them. What do you like and what donít you like. How well do they do in "X" circumstance.

With the KM2's now being available in a larger selection of sizes, and with different weather conditions now upon us, I wanted more information on these tires. Since most people on this forum breath, sleep, and drive BFG MT (or ATís) KM I thought it would be good to have peoples actual experience with these tires, now having put some miles on them, have taken a few trips, and driven in snow (in some areas)

NAXJA Member #2619

1995 Jeep Sport Cherokee 4x4 with an Auto and 4.0L
B&M Transmission Cooler and Autometer Tranny Temp Gauge, Ruff Stuff Diff Cover on D30.
Taraflex 1.5" BB (rear shackle only), HD Quadratec leaf springs, RE 3.5" front springs, OME Long shocks, JKS Adjustable Track Bar from K.O.R.
Daystar Control Arm Bushings, Bushwhacker Flairs, Rhino lining along bottom trim, AGR PS pump with Cooler & Filter.
Bored TB, APN Manifold, New Downpipe, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, Flowmaster Super 44.
Dual Oil Relocation Kit running two K&N301 size filters, Autometer Digital Cobalt Oil Temp and Oil Pressure Gauge.
Magus2727 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2008, 07:53 AM   #2
nick819
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Ive got a set of 33/10.5s on my XJ , and they work great. In the trails they work awesome, on extreme angle hills and climbing steep hills, whether you want to crawl up it or pin it up the hill, youll be making it to the top. In the mud they work good, they clean out well and dont dig very hard at all they just keep moving forward. In the rocks they are amazing, the tires grip like a b!t!h and dont spin much at all.It was rainy this weekend too and they had no problem with spinning over wet logs we had to crawl over. As for on road manners they are extremly quiet and feel very safe on wet pavement, no complaints so far. I went with a couple of other Xjs this weekend and one had 35/12.5 d!ck cepek mud countrys and the other had 31/10.5 Trxus and I outwheeled them all, very impressed by these tires so far.
1989 Pioneer Cherokee,Rustys 3" full pack suspension with 3/4 inch spacer and shackle,Flowermaster Super 40 muffler,K&N Air Filter,33" BFG KM2, Aussie locker in the front, factory LSD in the rear. Driver/passenger roll cage, CB, LIghts, lots of fun stuff
nick819 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I will be picking up a set of 35x12.50's very soon, will post up what I think of them.
Utah Jeep Crew Member #119
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
mg2000xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2008, 03:30 PM   #4
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick819 View Post
Ive got a set of 33/10.5s on my XJ , and they work great. In the trails they work awesome, on extreme angle hills and climbing steep hills, whether you want to crawl up it or pin it up the hill, youll be making it to the top. In the mud they work good, they clean out well and dont dig very hard at all they just keep moving forward. In the rocks they are amazing, the tires grip like a b!t!h and dont spin much at all.It was rainy this weekend too and they had no problem with spinning over wet logs we had to crawl over. As for on road manners they are extremly quiet and feel very safe on wet pavement, no complaints so far. I went with a couple of other Xjs this weekend and one had 35/12.5 d!ck cepek mud countrys and the other had 31/10.5 Trxus and I outwheeled them all, very impressed by these tires so far.
x2...i have the same experience (same size)

i dont know if it was rig setup or not but i had an easier time going up hills and loose stuff than ppl w/ 33x12.5 Baja Claws, and 1 hill even 36xsomethign TSL's...again, i dont know how much the tires actually effected it b/c the rigs were different setups (all wranglers tho)
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #5
Magus2727
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Any new Updates?
NAXJA Member #2619

1995 Jeep Sport Cherokee 4x4 with an Auto and 4.0L
B&M Transmission Cooler and Autometer Tranny Temp Gauge, Ruff Stuff Diff Cover on D30.
Taraflex 1.5" BB (rear shackle only), HD Quadratec leaf springs, RE 3.5" front springs, OME Long shocks, JKS Adjustable Track Bar from K.O.R.
Daystar Control Arm Bushings, Bushwhacker Flairs, Rhino lining along bottom trim, AGR PS pump with Cooler & Filter.
Bored TB, APN Manifold, New Downpipe, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, Flowmaster Super 44.
Dual Oil Relocation Kit running two K&N301 size filters, Autometer Digital Cobalt Oil Temp and Oil Pressure Gauge.
Magus2727 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
nick819
1989 XJ Cherokee 

a little slick on snowy roads, but what mud tire isnt. work great for snow wheelin and ride nice, lovin em so far
1989 Pioneer Cherokee,Rustys 3" full pack suspension with 3/4 inch spacer and shackle,Flowermaster Super 40 muffler,K&N Air Filter,33" BFG KM2, Aussie locker in the front, factory LSD in the rear. Driver/passenger roll cage, CB, LIghts, lots of fun stuff
nick819 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2008, 10:34 PM   #7
xcnick38
1991 YJ Wrangler 

im picking up a set of 33x12.5's next week for my YJ... i will let you know what i think of them... we should be getting some snow here soon so im pretty excited to see how they do in the snow...

i know a guy that has them on his ram 2500 POWER WAGON, i think they're
35x12.5x17 and he loves them! he swears day and night by the BFG name, he runs BFG a/t on every vechicle he owns.. on his wifes cummins to his daughters cummins (hes a dodge guy)...

he said the A/Ts seem to be a little better in the snow, but the KM2 is the best tire hes ever owned for any wet or muddy conditions. they got some snow at their cabin this past weekend and he said they did awesome in the snowy/mud... he has about 15k miles on them now and he said he'll probably get 25-30k out of them.. which i think is pretty good for an agressive tire like the KM2

im getting mine for $200 a peice installed + ballanced--- 33x12.5x15
xcnick38 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #8
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

his daughter's cummins, jeez.

good grief, just buy the Rubicon.
242much is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 06:44 PM   #9
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

i'm getting my 33 x 12.5 in the mornign!!! and probably going straight into the woods with them. i'm upgrading fro 32" a/t's

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.