Nitto Trail Grappler Review.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Nitto Trail Grappler Review....

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
GEM1N1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Nitto Trail Grappler Review....

Wow Wow Wow! That is really all I can say. I put on 295 70 17's which are 33.25 x 11.5 today and these really do live up to their reputation for being the QUIETEST mud terrain on the market. They are quieter than my factory bfg MT 32's! Only time will tell about their tread wear but I am really impressed so far! Highly recommended!!! Did I mention how quiet they are???

Missouri Concealed Carry Permit
Kansas Concealed Carry Permit
www.KcConcealedCarry.com
GEM1N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

What tire pressure did they set them at?
In most cases the tire shops set them at the rated pressure from the side of the tire. For an (E) rated tire that is around 50-60psi. this is where they should be set for a 7 to 8 thousand lb. truck!
This pressure in a Jeep tire would result in a crowned tread with a very narrow contact patch that would explain the absence of noise.
Check and lower the pressure then tell us what you think

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
Heep
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm runnin those too. Only about 2 thousand miles on them so far. Got about 30 psi in em.
Heep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
asknight
2006 TJ Wrangler 

N e pichures?

What kinda money did you have to lay out for them?
asknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #5
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

yeah, lets see what they look like...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
GEM1N1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
What tire pressure did they set them at?
In most cases the tire shops set them at the rated pressure from the side of the tire. For an (E) rated tire that is around 50-60psi. this is where they should be set for a 7 to 8 thousand lb. truck!
This pressure in a Jeep tire would result in a crowned tread with a very narrow contact patch that would explain the absence of noise.
Check and lower the pressure then tell us what you think
Inside the door panel my JK calls for 37 PSI. Checked today and that is what pressure they have in them. 80 PSI would be crazy!

Pics coming tommorrow. Haven't been getting out of work till after dark.
Missouri Concealed Carry Permit
Kansas Concealed Carry Permit
www.KcConcealedCarry.com
GEM1N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #7
ribs
2007 JK Wrangler 

A quite Nitto mud tire? Thats a change.

Do you know how much they weigh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGrant View Post
...And no the truck dont give BJs but guess you are not married as wifes dont give them either. :rolleyes:
ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 09:52 PM   #8
TheShift
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have never ran them...

but i know my Kumho's are super quite

in fact for as thick as the tread is i was quit surprised

interested in pics and sound bites...
TheShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 09:58 PM   #9
ribs
2007 JK Wrangler 

What kumhos do you have? How do you like them offroad? They seem like mall crawler tires but I like the looks of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGrant View Post
...And no the truck dont give BJs but guess you are not married as wifes dont give them either. :rolleyes:
ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 10:01 PM   #10
TheShift
2010 JK Wrangler 

Being that i have not taken this thing off road yet... i am pretty sure they will do fine....

i am itching to get out...but work...court dates...kids in the hospital more work and more problems....have kept me from even having sanity at this point in time... but i do have a few spots to hit... it's just when...and when i do...ill be sure to let everyone know whether they are mall crawlers or not

oh in the profile...

or the link might help http://www.kumhousa.com/Tire.aspx?id...d4ac17e&cat=25

/threadjack

my bad

Last edited by TheShift; 04-17-2010 at 10:16 PM..
TheShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 01:23 AM   #11
Grizzly1
2010 JK Wrangler 

I am running dune grapplers...the ones with the "flame" tread. 325/65R18...basically a 35x12.50 They are fairly quiet on the road, and have performed very well off road. I have a little over 3000 miles on them, run them on the street at 35 PSI and they are wearing fine. I like the tread pattern as well and will probably replace with the same.

Grizzly
Grizzly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 10:07 PM   #12
bbhockey19
2009 JK Wrangler 

Picking up 18 inch XD Monsters with 33's Nitto Terra Grapplers Can't wait to get them installed and enjoy that quiet RIDE!
Mopar= Sills,Slush Mats, Splash Guards
Rugged Ridge Rear Grab handles
IPF 920H4 headlights
bbhockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #13
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhockey19 View Post
Picking up 18 inch XD Monsters with 33's Nitto Terra Grapplers Can't wait to get them installed and enjoy that quiet RIDE!
I just put on Terra Grapplers a month or so ago. Don't notice the road noise, but you'll need to tweak the pressure to get a smoother ride. Off the road, they do pretty damn well.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 10:37 PM   #14
Looney
2011 WK 

I agree. I like the Terra Grapplers but havent driven it enough to tell how I will like them in the long run. But so far I have nothing bad to say about them.
Unread 12-12-2010, 07:43 AM   #15
techbomb
2008 JK Wrangler 

08 jk sahara trail grapplers, need some help thou..

HEY I NEED SOME HELP, I JUST DID A 2.5 INCH LIFT , QUATER INCH SPACERS ALL AROUND AND THEN, INSTALLED THESE BEASTLY TIRES.. SO FAR I REALLY LIKE THEM BUT ONLY HAVE ABOUT 500 MILES ON THEM.
SIZE IS A 285/65/18
THE HELP I NEED IS IM GETTING THE SWAY A LITTLE GOING DOWN THE HIGHWAY, I OWNED A SET OF THE NITTO TERA GRAPPLERS BEFORE THESE AND I DONT REMEMBER THE SWAY.. IT SAYS 80 PSI AND THATS WHAT THEY PUT THEM AT IS 80PSI . I THINK THAT IS WAY TO MUCH FOR MY 08 JK SAHARA , WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK? THIS IS REALLY THIS FIRST SET OF DESCENTLY AGGRESSIVE TIRES I HAVE OWNED BUT I WAS SOLD ON THE FACT THAT HOW QUIET THERE SUPPOSED TO BE AND ALL , THEY ARE VERY QUIET ALTHOUGH AT 80 MPH THEY GOT SOME NOISE.
WHAT PSIS HOULD I RUN IN THESE, I VE HEARD THAT IT MAY QUIET IT DOWN EVEN MORE AND TAKE CARE OF THE SWAY WITH LESS PRESSURE BUT I DONT WONT THE TIRES TO CUP OR GET MESSED UP....THEY ARE NOT CHEAP. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ON THIS. LATER
APDRMILLS@HOTMAIL.COM
techbomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.