New tires and spacing question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > New tires and spacing question

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 05-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #1
lrjeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

New tires and spacing question

I've looked and looked and can't find a satisfactory answer for this. I recently purchased a JK and want to get rid of the puny street tires it came with. I would like to keep the stock wheels since I like them and don't really want to buy new ones unless I have to.

I like the BFGoodrich MT and am wanting to get the 32x11.5. Will this be possible with the stock wheels or will I need different wheels or spacers? I would be alright with getting 30 or 31 if that is needed to avoid wheels.

Sorry for the noob question

Oh, and I have a huge list of wanted upgrades already. Plus I can't wait to head to the superlift orv park and try the tamer trails once I have decent tires and some straps.

lrjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 07:44 PM   #2
lrjeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well, I put some 265/74 r16 Bighorns on the jeep today to see how they worked. Any rubbing offroad and I was going to add some lift and wheels. The tires convert to about 31.6x10.4 or thereabouts. Took it down some dirt trails today and through some hills and ruts and no rubbing or problems. Sorry I don't have any poser pics but I forgot my camera at home.
lrjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.