New Falken MTs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > New Falken MTs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 11-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

New Falken MTs

First photos I've seen of the new Falkens. I believe being broadly introduced later this week at SEMA.

dsc04733_zps97c5330c.jpg  
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

About time! Now at least their sponsored teams can run tires with some real tread on them..
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
Pedro7
2000 WJ 

That was not supposed to be leaked until SEMA........
Pedro7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Excuse my vanity but those are not very exciting/interesting looking. I guess the bling bling truck market won't be interested.

(I run bland Hankook MT and love them)

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 11-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro7 View Post
That was not supposed to be leaked until SEMA........
Yep. Genright had them mounted at Offroad Expo but had covers on them. Dynomax pushing the envelope a little for Spec Class coverage. Looking forward to seeing how these work in February.
Unread 11-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawler510 View Post
Excuse my vanity but those are not very exciting/interesting looking. I guess the bling bling truck market won't be interested.

(I run bland Hankook MT and love them)

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Falken very committed to supporting off road racing last couple years. More so than a lot of other tire manufacturers. Most of the racers have been doing custom grooving on the Wildpeaks. These may not excite you, but are step forward for Falken and will be interesting to see what racers think.
Unread 11-04-2013, 02:48 AM   #7
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar
Falken very committed to supporting off road racing last couple years. More so than a lot of other tire manufacturers. Most of the racers have been doing custom grooving on the Wildpeaks. These may not excite you, but are step forward for Falken and will be interesting to see what racers think.
I'm all for more/better options and have seen their grooved Wild Peaks out there. The durability sounds impressive so hopefully that sticks with the mt.
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #8
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Yep. Genright had them mounted at Offroad Expo but had covers on them. Dynomax pushing the envelope a little for Spec Class coverage. Looking forward to seeing how these work in February.
Genright had Goodyear's covered since they were sponsored by Falken but didn't have these yet. I'm interested to see some pricing on them
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #9
WXman
2001 WJ 

So if their AT tires require a forklift to mount to the vehicle, then these MTs are going to tip the scales at astronomical levels rivaled only by the General Red Letter tires is my guess. They probably will NOT be a tire that you want to ever consider running on your DD/weekend toy. This will likely be a trail toy only tire....unless your pockets are deep and $3.50 gasoline doesn't bother you.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #10
ParaRigger
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Here are a couple more…no real details about it yet though.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/new-...ally-unveiled/
ParaRigger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #11
holliewood61
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXman View Post
So if their AT tires require a forklift to mount to the vehicle, then these MTs are going to tip the scales at astronomical levels rivaled only by the General Red Letter tires is my guess. They probably will NOT be a tire that you want to ever consider running on your DD/weekend toy. This will likely be a trail toy only tire....unless your pockets are deep and $3.50 gasoline doesn't bother you.
i have the at's in a 305 on my truck I believe they run about 60 lbs each. quite heavy but they seem to be very durable with a great sidewall. the only load range E tires ive ever seen that recommended pressure is 65 psi rather than 80.
holliewood61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #12
jeremy04949
2004 TJ Wrangler 

bump.
jeremy04949 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #13
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Tread pattern kinda looks similar to the Pro-Comp Mt's and the dunlop mud rovers
image.jpg

95YJMountie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.