JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires & Wheels (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f15/)
-   -   New Falken MTs (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f15/new-falken-mts-1753162/)

biffgnar 11-03-2013 10:37 AM

New Falken MTs

22 Attachment(s)
First photos I've seen of the new Falkens. I believe being broadly introduced later this week at SEMA.

dcorn 11-03-2013 05:00 PM

About time! Now at least their sponsored teams can run tires with some real tread on them..

Pedro7 11-03-2013 05:29 PM

That was not supposed to be leaked until SEMA........

krawler510 11-03-2013 05:34 PM

Excuse my vanity but those are not very exciting/interesting looking. I guess the bling bling truck market won't be interested.

(I run bland Hankook MT and love them)

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

biffgnar 11-03-2013 07:14 PM

22 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedro7 (Post 17405010)
That was not supposed to be leaked until SEMA........

Yep. Genright had them mounted at Offroad Expo but had covers on them. Dynomax pushing the envelope a little for Spec Class coverage. Looking forward to seeing how these work in February.

biffgnar 11-03-2013 07:16 PM

22 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by krawler510 (Post 17405138)
Excuse my vanity but those are not very exciting/interesting looking. I guess the bling bling truck market won't be interested.

(I run bland Hankook MT and love them)

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Falken very committed to supporting off road racing last couple years. More so than a lot of other tire manufacturers. Most of the racers have been doing custom grooving on the Wildpeaks. These may not excite you, but are step forward for Falken and will be interesting to see what racers think.

krawler510 11-04-2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffgnar
Falken very committed to supporting off road racing last couple years. More so than a lot of other tire manufacturers. Most of the racers have been doing custom grooving on the Wildpeaks. These may not excite you, but are step forward for Falken and will be interesting to see what racers think.

I'm all for more/better options and have seen their grooved Wild Peaks out there. The durability sounds impressive so hopefully that sticks with the mt.

_KONG_ 11-05-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffgnar (Post 17408738)
Yep. Genright had them mounted at Offroad Expo but had covers on them. Dynomax pushing the envelope a little for Spec Class coverage. Looking forward to seeing how these work in February.

Genright had Goodyear's covered since they were sponsored by Falken but didn't have these yet. I'm interested to see some pricing on them

WXman 11-07-2013 07:05 AM

So if their AT tires require a forklift to mount to the vehicle, then these MTs are going to tip the scales at astronomical levels rivaled only by the General Red Letter tires is my guess. They probably will NOT be a tire that you want to ever consider running on your DD/weekend toy. This will likely be a trail toy only tire....unless your pockets are deep and $3.50 gasoline doesn't bother you.

ParaRigger 11-08-2013 10:07 AM

Here are a couple more…no real details about it yet though.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/new-...ally-unveiled/

holliewood61 11-08-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WXman (Post 17508185)
So if their AT tires require a forklift to mount to the vehicle, then these MTs are going to tip the scales at astronomical levels rivaled only by the General Red Letter tires is my guess. They probably will NOT be a tire that you want to ever consider running on your DD/weekend toy. This will likely be a trail toy only tire....unless your pockets are deep and $3.50 gasoline doesn't bother you.

i have the at's in a 305 on my truck I believe they run about 60 lbs each. quite heavy but they seem to be very durable with a great sidewall. the only load range E tires ive ever seen that recommended pressure is 65 psi rather than 80.

jeremy04949 11-11-2013 12:53 AM

bump.

95YJMountie 11-16-2013 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tread pattern kinda looks similar to the Pro-Comp Mt's and the dunlop mud rovers

The time now is 05:06 AM.