New Buyer! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > New Buyer!

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
ewacebula
2011 JK Wrangler 

New Buyer!

Hello everyone,
I am new to this. Just joined today. I have a 2011 Wrangler Sport and almost EVERYTHING is still from the factory. I have never purchased and wheels/tires or anything before. I have a question and I feel a little dumb asking so hopefully someone can help me out.

How do I go about buying some bigger tires? What do I need to know? What are requirements? What is a general pricing?

I would really appreciate any help!
Thank you!!

ewacebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

How big? What type of tires? You can't go much bigger without lifting. Could be spending anywhere from $700-$5000. Just depends what you want.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

read all the FAQ's for the Jk. will save you alot of time...................
Unread 04-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
Spud100
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Best advise: DON'T RUSH MAKING A DECISION. Especially if you are new. Though you are excited to get bigger, better stuff, you are likely to make a wrong (and costly) decision. Spend several weeks, if not months educating yourself about JKs and what others run, limitations at stock height, wheel back spacing, wheel spacers, etc. Here's a tip, check craigslist until you find some bigger used wheels with tires, or a set of bigger tires that'll work on your rims. If you like them, run them till they need replacing. If you don't like as much as you thought you would, you didn't spend a fortune.
Spud100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
ewacebula
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud100 View Post
Best advise: DON'T RUSH MAKING A DECISION. Especially if you are new. Though you are excited to get bigger, better stuff, you are likely to make a wrong (and costly) decision. Spend several weeks, if not months educating yourself about JKs and what others run, limitations at stock height, wheel back spacing, wheel spacers, etc. Here's a tip, check craigslist until you find some bigger used wheels with tires, or a set of bigger tires that'll work on your rims. If you like them, run them till they need replacing. If you don't like as much as you thought you would, you didn't spend a fortune.
Thank you! Good to know, and hear this kind of advice.
ewacebula is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.