Need some help with wheels and tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Need some help with wheels and tires

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieCustom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 07-25-2014, 12:22 AM   #1
Chance85
1985 CJ7 

Need some help with wheels and tires

Ok guys so Ive narrowed what I want down to the Pro Comp Series 97 and 33in BFG KM2s but I dont know what width to get or bs. I saw a Cj7 with 33x10.5x15 and it looked great(wheel size and bs unknown.) So what Im trying to see is if I get the Pro Comps in a 15x8 with 3.75 bs and the 33x10.5x15 would it look alright or be goofy? Does anyone have that setup or something near it? Id like to get as much info about it before I pull the trigger. I like the look of narrow tires and the sort of deep dish wheels. Heres the picture of the wheel that I saw.

forumrunner_20140725_012232.png

Chance85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2014, 07:44 AM   #2
caronaxtr
2001 XJ Cherokee 

What rig you gonna toss them under? I've got 33-10.5/15 BFG AT's on my XJ & trying to sell them to my friend so he can run them on his YJ. We swapped them over to his YJ the other day.

He had stock GC rims with 31/10.5/16 tire/rim combo. He'd rub the fronts on the leaf springs when at full turn.

My rims have 3.75" back spacing & when we tossed them on his YJ he didn't rub at all. The size, width& backspacing looked and worked really good with 3.5" of suspension lift. Hope that helps, he didn't send me any pictures of how it looks. It was midnight by the time we finished swapping them over.
caronaxtr is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #3
Chance85
1985 CJ7 

They would be going on my 85 Cj7. I have 35x12.5x15 right now on the and they rub on the leafs when turning hard. Im thinking its because the PO didnt really know jack and just bought the wheels that he liked and didnt think of backspacing at all and he put the cheapest and easiest way to lift it. 7 inch shackles. Which will be coming off when I get my tires and wheels. He said it has a 2.5 inch suspension lift then the shackles and I know it has a 1.25 body lift. So when the shackles come off that will drop it about 3 inches and Ill still have my sl and bl. So with the right backspacing they shouldnt rub. My biggest fear is if I buy these offline and then they get here I go and mount them on and they are tucked way under my fender or they are out too gar with the backspacing.
Chance85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.