Need Lug Nuts for WJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Need Lug Nuts for WJ

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 03-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
tommygun715

Need Lug Nuts for WJ

This is kind of a dumb question. But I'm looking for replacement lug nuts for my '04 Grand Cherokee. I don't know what size, and I don't know if there are chrome or regular ones. Pictured, is a Jeep identical to mine, except not the Overland Model. It has the 5 spoke 17" chrome wheels. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

tommygun715 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
2000_WJ
2000 WJ 

You could always resort to the dealer, but your best bet is to go to a local auto parts store and look up your make/model as most auto parts stores carry the gorilla line of lug nuts. You will probably have to buy a pack of 4 because that's generally how they are sold.
2000_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #3
PioneerRob
1985 XJ Cherokee 

The lugnut size is 1/2 inch. I agree the gorilla lugs are your best bet.
Unread 03-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I got these for my TJ Wrangler. They are solid, not the "capped" lug nut like from the factory.

http://www.ezaccessory.com/Bulge_Aco...ead_p/1904.htm

I bought the singles, enough for all wheels. They also have the sets with locks.

http://www.ezaccessory.com/1_2_Wheel...n_p/sp1904.htm
Unread 07-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
WJ04VA
2004 WJ 

New Lugs

I just did this successfully on my 04 WJ. The stock lugs are two pieces, and after getting your tires rotated a couple times by the boys at Merchants, the weld starts to break, the cap falls off and leaves you an ugly nut that doesn't fit the stock tire iron, making you round your nuts, stripping your ability to change your tire, and likely leaving you stranded somewhere very unpleasant... Sorry for the rant...

It was difficult to find the correct information so I figured I would share it here. After a few searches and a couple bad buys, I found McGard's lug nuts. They are awesome. Solid bodied, they fit the stock tire iron (unlike many others) look beautiful and come with a no rust, lifetime guarantee.

The lug size for a stock alloy rimmed 2004 WJ Grand Cherokee Laredo is:

Thread Size: 1/2-20
Hex Size: 3/4"

They need to be Cone seated to fit into the rim properly, and when installed they should be torqued down to 110 lbs.

I chose McGards lugs, which turned out beautifully, got them off amazon for $10 per-pack of four.

Product Number 64010

( Link to lugs on Amazon )

So, get out there and get rid of the crumy lugs. The new ones will make your baby look crisp, and let you worry less about flats.

I noticed a few threads related to this problem as well, and I will re-post this in said threads.
WJ04VA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
CEaston140001
2004 WJ 

Will the stock lug nuts work with Cragar Soft 8 wheels or will different ones be needed?
CEaston140001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.