Need a little advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Need a little advice

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-05-2006, 02:14 PM   #1
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Need a little advice

Back round: 98 TJ Sport. D30 and D35 with 3.07s. 3 Speed Auto. I already have a 1" BL

My plans are to get a RE 4.5" SF. 35" Tires (maybe 37s in the future...)

Axles:
I am going to be getting a Ford 8.8 with disc, LSD, and 4.10 gears. I will be having a shop weld on a bracket kit to fit it onto the TJ... I will at the same time have the shop re-gear my front to 4.10s and possibly add in a lunch box style or selectable locker (fund permitting)...

Suspension Wise:
I am going to order the RE 4.5" SF kit with monotubes...

QUESTION TIME:
Once I install my suspension and axles and everything can I just do a T-case drop with a MML to cure the vib until I purchase a belly-up skid and then convert to a SYE and longer driveshaft?
Does the 4.5" SF kit come with everything I need for the lift (minus shocks which I know)?
Do yal think a 4.5" SF kit with a 2" spacer up front and 1" spacer in the rear and a1" BL is going to be too much lift for 35s?

Any thing else yal reccomend me look into or anything? I am just trying to get all my questions answer before I drop all the money.

Last Two:
Do you all think the 4x4 Group Buy is a good deal on their RE 4.5" SF Ultimate package?
1-RE 4.5" Superflex kit;
1-Short Shaft Kit from Advance Adapters;
1-Tom Woods CV Custom Drive Shaft;
1-Daystar 1" Body Lift;
1- 1" Motor Mount from M.O.R.E. (Rubber Bomb Proof);
4-Goodyear 35"12.5" R15 MTR's;
4- Black Rock Crawler Rims;
For $2,800

How much do yal think I could get for my current suspesion/wheel/rear axle setup (see sig)

Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #2
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

anyone????
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
Unread 04-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #3
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mferrari
Back round: 98 TJ Sport. D30 and D35 with 3.07s. 3 Speed Auto. I already have a 1" BL

My plans are to get a RE 4.5" SF. 35" Tires (maybe 37s in the future...)

Axles:
I am going to be getting a Ford 8.8 with disc, LSD, and 4.10 gears. I will be having a shop weld on a bracket kit to fit it onto the TJ... I will at the same time have the shop re-gear my front to 4.10s and possibly add in a lunch box style or selectable locker (fund permitting)...

Suspension Wise:
I am going to order the RE 4.5" SF kit with monotubes...

QUESTION TIME:
Once I install my suspension and axles and everything can I just do a T-case drop with a MML to cure the vib until I purchase a belly-up skid and then convert to a SYE and longer driveshaft?
I'd say no...you'll have over 5" of lift from the RE 4.5" kit...

Quote:
Does the 4.5" SF kit come with everything I need for the lift (minus shocks which I know)?
yes, but I'd upgrade to having all 8 control arms be adjustable

Quote:
Do yal think a 4.5" SF kit with a 2" spacer up front and 1" spacer in the rear and a1" BL is going to be too much lift for 35s?
I think it's way too much...no spacers needed...you can run 35's on RE 3.5" springs and a 1" BL with no problem...

Quote:
Any thing else yal reccomend me look into or anything? I am just trying to get all my questions answer before I drop all the money.
see answer above about adjustable control arms...might want to consider chromolly shafts...ARB for the front...

Quote:
Last Two:
Do you all think the 4x4 Group Buy is a good deal on their RE 4.5" SF Ultimate package?
1-RE 4.5" Superflex kit;
1-Short Shaft Kit from Advance Adapters;
1-Tom Woods CV Custom Drive Shaft;
1-Daystar 1" Body Lift;
1- 1" Motor Mount from M.O.R.E. (Rubber Bomb Proof);
4-Goodyear 35"12.5" R15 MTR's;
4- Black Rock Crawler Rims;
For $2,800
possibly...I've always had good dealings with Jason at 4x4GB...

but, I'd check with a couple of the vendors here and see if they can match/beat it...

Quote:
How much do yal think I could get for my current suspesion/wheel/rear axle setup (see sig)
the rear axle ain't worth much...'cept to sell the shafts as spares...

might get a couple hundred total for the rest...

Greg
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2006, 05:57 AM   #4
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, I figured in upgrading to adj LCA and also getting rear shock relocation brackets as well.

Yal don't think a T-case drop will work for a month or two?
Thanks to our Sponsors:

Delmarva Offroad
Unread 04-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #5
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

Quote:
Thanks, I figured in upgrading to adj LCA and also getting rear shock relocation brackets as well.

Yal don't think a T-case drop will work for a month or two?

for that much lift...you'd probably need a 2" MML and a 2" t-case drop...

Greg
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2006, 11:59 AM   #6
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Leave out the coil spacers and do the sye immediately after.
Patton is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.