Need help with mud tires - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Need help with mud tires

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 01-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #16
willman611
1997 ZJ 

Ive never had a set of either 3 tires but i have friends who have and the federals were good tires. they gripped well and did great off road. but they did wear fasted than i expected and They also road a tad rough(for a mud tire) but that may have been the truck they were on. Bighorns are pretty decent offroad but were loud as hell and rough on the road. my best friend got a truck that had them on it. the tires barely had any tread on them and were easily still louder than my brand new mud tires. but i would recommend wild country radial mtx. I had them on my old zj and was very pleased with them. they did great off road and handled great on pavement. they were a little loud but not obnoxiously loud and after driving probably 50 miles on average a day with them for almost a year(maybe 20k, not sure) they still had half tread if not more. and in my opinion they were tough(i've blown out at least one tire from all the brands ive had except for the MTX's). i also got 4 of them brand new (32's) for 590 balanced and mounted.

willman611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #17
blkXJ09

ill have to look into whats the best bang for the buck and narrow it down from these lol. thanks for all the help so far guy!! and nice pics man
blkXJ09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 04:28 AM   #18
tjtrucker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkXJ09 View Post
ill have to look into whats the best bang for the buck and narrow it down from these lol. thanks for all the help so far guy!! and nice pics man
Thanks
tjtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #19
braindamage83
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Eldorado MTZ's. I know two guys with those that we sourced through Friend Tire (deals to shops only). Great tires but loud (who cares). That or Nexen Mud Terrains (maybe discount tire). Just a BFG mt km knock off and tread is kinda hard but they seemed to wear pretty good (even) on the ford I saw with them on it.
braindamage83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
blkXJ09

ok so i was lookin up the eldorado MTZ and i have to admit its a good lookin tire! i also have to say im suprised how many good reviews they have. i think i might end up going with the eldorado MTZ. thanks for bringing them to my attention!
blkXJ09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.