Need help breaking this code! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Need help breaking this code!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperCyber Sale on RUBICON EXPRESS - Short Arms, Long Arms, Tra

Unread 10-09-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
bradgardener
2008 WK 

Need help breaking this code!

I swear, this stuff is just jibberish. I've tried to find a thread on the topic but don't know how to word my search. I'm in the market for some new tires, and I'm trying to figure out what the difference is with these two.

LT265/70R17C1 112Q W
LT265/70R17E1 121Q B

Same tire. I get the LT and the tire width/ rim diameter and all. My issue is with the C1 112Q W/ E1 121Q B. Any help?

bradgardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

C = 4 ply tire
E = 10 ply tire
Q = 100 mph tire ?

Bottom line is the C is a lighter duty tire and the E is a heavier, stiffer tire. I run E tires on my F250 that hauls my rig, cattle, and hay. The C should be less expensive and ride a bit better.
Unread 10-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
bradgardener
2008 WK 

Sweet man, thanks. That's what I figured. Any guess on the W and B?
Unread 10-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
bradgardener
2008 WK 

Never mind, I just asked my buddy that works at a tire shop. The "W" means it has white lettering, and the "B" is just a black wall tire.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.