Need advice on tires please ('06 TJ) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Need advice on tires please ('06 TJ)

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 10-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #16
Peyts
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKiowaTJ View Post
The lift/spacers themselves won't but the more weight you add tire/wheel wise and accessories etc. It will cause more stress if you don't build to run whatever size you want. Motor, trans, axles etc will wear if you don't regear to put the RPM back to the original position so the jeep runs efficient.
So would I need to rework the above if I only put 31s on it?

Peyts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #17
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyts

So would I need to rework the above if I only put 31s on it?

No, if all you want to do is run 31's is have them mounted. When you get home turn the wheel full lock to both sides and look to see if anything is touching. If it is or close, all you have to do is add a couple washers to the steering stops. The tires will fit fine with no added stress as rubicons came with 31's stock.
If you do start disconnecting the front sway bar, then look into bump stop extensions. Other than that, put them on and have fun.
Unread 10-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #18
senecak19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanshredder View Post
Much appreciated on the quick replies. I'd much rather have 31's if I can manage it on the stock no problem. Half of ppl say they can rub, the other half say no problem. I wouldn't crank it anyway, so I'm hoping I'd be good.

I like the Goodyear Durtrac's.. Although a tire place by me mentioned Dynastorm 31's I can get for $150 each. Any other suggestions?
If its anything to you... the Duratrac's always give the impression of a larger tire. Maybe the lugs make them look bigger I don't know. I run them on my Titan and on my YJ. Here they are in 31" form. Also, I paid $171 a tire from Tirerack (local pickup) plus got a $100 rebate from Treadlightly

senecak19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #19
senecak19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Different view...

senecak19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #20
Peyts
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKiowaTJ View Post
No, if all you want to do is run 31's is have them mounted. When you get home turn the wheel full lock to both sides and look to see if anything is touching. If it is or close, all you have to do is add a couple washers to the steering stops. The tires will fit fine with no added stress as rubicons came with 31's stock.
If you do start disconnecting the front sway bar, then look into bump stop extensions. Other than that, put them on and have fun.
Thanks a million, KKiowaTJ! Much appreciated! If I ever make it to your neck of the woods, I owe beers.
Peyts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
tire clearance , tire fitment , tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.