my experience with Plasti Dip - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > my experience with Plasti Dip

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 09-14-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
goinbroke89
1994 YJ Wrangler 

my experience with Plasti Dip

Been wanting to know what black wheels would look like on my 99 Sport so I bought some Plasti Dip and sprayed one today. I took it off the Jeep and put index cards between the tire and the rim. I put several coats on it, let it dry awhile, then put it back on the Jeep. Didn't really like it so I started peeling it off. Got all the way down to the very inside part of the wheel and stepped back a bit and I really liked the way that looked, with just that part of the wheel black. So I think it served its purpose. It let me know that I may like a wheel that's got some contrast, like the ION 174.

goinbroke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2014, 05:56 AM   #2
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinbroke89 View Post
Been wanting to know what black wheels would look like on my 99 Sport so I bought some Plasti Dip and sprayed one today. I took it off the Jeep and put index cards between the tire and the rim. I put several coats on it, let it dry awhile, then put it back on the Jeep. Didn't really like it so I started peeling it off. Got all the way down to the very inside part of the wheel and stepped back a bit and I really liked the way that looked, with just that part of the wheel black. So I think it served its purpose. It let me know that I may like a wheel that's got some contrast, like the ION 174.
I used to run these back in the day.

http://www.uswheel.com/products/fwdchromedaytona-black
Unread 09-15-2014, 05:15 PM   #3
goinbroke89
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I actually like those but they are pretty expensive.
goinbroke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinbroke89 View Post
I actually like those but they are pretty expensive.
I don't recall what brand mine were but I was a poor college student when I had them an know I didn't pay anywhere near that. I'm guessing I paid 50-60 a wheel 25yrs ago.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.