my cj-8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > my cj-8

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-30-2001, 01:07 AM   #1
mohmane

my cj-8

i recently became the owner of a cj-8 and am wandering what kind of lift and what kind of tires this car is ging to be a dialy driver and a off road vehicle so i need the best of both

mohmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2001, 02:38 PM   #2
GroundUpCJ7

I'm no expert on lifts, but here's my .02... with the Scrambler you have the longer wheelbase, so you won't notice as much degredation in handling by adding a lift. If you're going mainly for looks with a little off-roading, go with a 2.5 inch kit. Almost everyone makes them, and unless you're going to get into serious off roading, choose one with medium to soft springs. a 2.5 lift should give you enough room to run 33's if you need to, but you're probably looking at 31's for a daily driver. Just my thoughts, good luck.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.