Mud Tires - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Mud Tires

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-28-2006, 09:49 PM   #91
lwoods
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Cooper Discoverer STT (new model)

Just wanted to post a review of these tires. Bought a full set this February and I've gotta say I'm impressed! I picked them up locally for 165.00 a pop, they look wonderful, best looking MT I've seen in person! The best features are the quality, they are siped, and I have driven on the interstate in the pouring rain for long distances and never once did it get squirrely! Even better than that, I have put about 5000 miles on them, and they are super super quiet! People can pass me with AT's and they are twice, if not three times as loud as my Cooper MT's. They peform great at about 7psi offroad, good strong sidewall, but lots of flex and tons of grab. I have yet to lock my rig yet, and I can get places that others can't just because of these shoes.

Just I'm me if you have any further questions.

Big L

'97 TJ 4.0 5speed, patriot blue, spice top, lift is out of the mail and on the jeep. 4.10's, Dana 44 with LSD (Detroit going in there soon), 33x12.50 Cooper STT, 4" OME springs, DT shocks, 1" Body lift, JKS quicker discos, JKS adjustable front trackbar, RE adjustable rear trackbar, SYE and Tom Woods shaft. Smittybuilt SRC front bumper, homemade rear bumper, been stolen, flopped, and recovered. Duke sucks!
lwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 11:14 PM   #92
TheWombaT

What's the scoop on the Bridgestone Dueler M/T?

I currently own a set of Bridgestone Dueler Revo A/T but I noticed there is a tire sold as a Bridgestole Dueler M/T which ranks about the same on tirerack. Anyone have any info?
Unread 08-03-2006, 09:54 PM   #93
dougolupski
It's Heep not Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hi all,
Just wanted to give you all a heads up on these tires I got last weekend. Set of four Dayton Baja MT's from big o. It cost 818.00 out the door with the warranty. I have seen some guys back east saying they got them for 526.00 but I saw the purchase invoice on the tire and it was 166.00 per tire for my 305/70/16.

Surprisingly they ride better than my Goodyear MT/r's I had. Smooth and really quiet. Not the kind of quiet for a MT but actually quiet. Looks good has a real aggressive look.

I don't know how they stack up in wet weather since there not siped and how they compare offroad to my Goodyears I had but so far in the blazing heat in Calli there really nice.
KMC XD 795 Hoss Black 17" wheels and Maxxis Bighorn 305/70/17 tires
Every mod in the write up section.

Old Jeep: 04 Wrangler X Yellow Built To The Hilt For Three Great Years.

POLISH JEEP OWNERS CLUB #2
dougolupski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 01:13 PM   #94
VDoubleUVR6
I don't follow the crowd

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTZ

Anyone have Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTZ on their ride?

How you like them compared to other MT tires like BFG, Goodyear, Kumho?

1998 XJ Sport

My XJ / My old MK3
VDoubleUVR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 07:19 PM   #95
DirtBurgler

Baja MTZ....quite a deceptive tire to get info on...I've been searching for days and have only found them in a handful of threads....Someone please give us the skinny!!........some pics would be great too!!
DirtBurgler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2006, 07:04 AM   #96
VDoubleUVR6
I don't follow the crowd

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobL4J
I got the MTZ and love them. They do very well in just about everything I have put them through. We have no rock gardens around here so i cant speak for that area of them. But in every other condition they outperform the MTR's at EVERYTHING. Rain, Mud, Dirt, wet roads, dry roads, sand and rivers . They do this and are still quieter on the highway then my mtr's were or my old BFG MT's.

Couple of pics
Jeep with just a 1.25" BL

3" FT and 1.25" BL

River running.
Nice...someone!!! LOL

How long have you had them? Miles driven on them (i know not many since your one of the few to have them)?

1998 XJ Sport

My XJ / My old MK3
VDoubleUVR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2006, 12:18 PM   #97
rivers edge
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I have had several sets of tires on my jeep,

Super Swamper TSL 33x12.5x15 mud +, Rocks +, Sand +, wet surface +
Pro Comp Xterrain Same size mud-, rocks ok, sand +, wet surface-
Super Swamper Boggers Mud ++, Rocks+, Sand ok, wet surface +
Dayton Timberline M/T 31x10.5x16 mud+, rocks+, sand ok, wet surface++

'78 CJ- 5 (O'l Green), '99 TJ on rocks (li'l man), '07 JK (rattle can)
rivers edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2006, 02:13 AM   #98
Inukshuk
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Right now I've got the TSL/SX 32x11.50-15 and am about to order the TrXus 35x12.50-15. I've read nothing but good revues on them and they look great with real good sipping, so they should have very good traction.

I just love to go where no man has gone before.
Rock climbing, in marshes, atv trails, mud, tundra etc.
Inukshuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2006, 05:39 PM   #99
nyoffroad

hey guys i need a tire thats good on highway but also in mud, i do about 60%on road-40 off, i have a 7 hour drive to see family so it needs to be decent on highway at 70mph
nyoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2006, 05:44 PM   #100
nyoffroad

i have 3" susp. lift
Unread 09-23-2006, 12:40 PM   #101
redtab78

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyoffroad
i have 3" susp. lift

dayton timberlines...I have 33x12.5 on xtreme alloys, and man what a combo....I get major complements all the time....

I got about 10k on them, and maybe 8-9% tread is gone, still almost new, and i do 95% road driving...
[CENTER][COLOR=Black][FONT=Impact][SIZE=4]'05 BLACK JEEP CLUB #101[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Century Gothic]NAVY JEEP CLUB #25[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][COLOR=Black]AFW Front Bumper | OR Fab Rear | COBRA dx-19 IV | 1" M.O.R.E. BL | 1" M.O.R.E. MML
SHROCKWORKS rock sliders | TOUGHSTUFF hood rack | High Lift | ARB SNORKEL | 33x12.5x15 Timberline MT's on 15x8 Pro Comp 1079's | REBB [/COLOR][/B]
[/CENTER]
redtab78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2006, 02:52 PM   #102
onlyjeepin'

how do people feel about the kumho venture mt's? im thinking about buying a set. the only thing im worried about is the treadwear. i make a 200mile drive up to college.
onlyjeepin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2006, 06:20 PM   #103
Inukshuk
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyoffroad
hey guys i need a tire thats good on highway but also in mud, i do about 60%on road-40 off, i have a 7 hour drive to see family so it needs to be decent on highway at 70mph
You should be able to do all that with the TrXus and they have the right size for your 3" lift.

RXM-06R
33x12.50R15LT

I just love to go where no man has gone before.
Rock climbing, in marshes, atv trails, mud, tundra etc.
Inukshuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2006, 09:49 AM   #104
DogPak

I've been running Firestone Destinations MT's for going on 3 yrs. and have been very impressed with them both on the trail and on wet and snowy roads and with reg. rotation I'm getting even tire wear.
I am somewhat curious why so few people have given these tires a try. The Dayton Timberlines, which is manufactured by Firestone and are quite similar, seems to be a highly thought of and recomended by all that run them.
Anyone care to shed some light on why the Destination's don't seem to find their way on to more Jeeps?
'02 Sport, I6, 5spd., D44, 3.73 gears, SYE, CV Driveshaft, OME HD suspension, 31x10.5 Maxxis Bighorns on AR 767's, JKS Quicker Discos, Warn 8000i winch, 4xDoctor rockers, Steves Jeep Fab R. bumper-tire carrier, Top Five roof rack, ORF bolt in cage, skids front to rear.
DogPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2006, 12:42 PM   #105
nyoffroad

any had Dunlop mud rovers on their jeep?
Rock-it air intake
more to come in future

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.