Mud Tires - Page 35 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Mud Tires

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 10-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #511
elephant ride
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't buy a tire made in China even if it squeegeed it's self. Some dog may winky on it and hid dick might fall off days later...well.
~You guys are killing me trying to decipher your text like replies due to vast knowledge. MT this and that without brand on some. (obviously I haven't read all 34 pages ay) lol, y'all are great, every time I come to this site I get dizzy from overload of info...

~I got a nudder roofing nail half inch away from a repair done six year or so ago on 50,000 mile stock 16" Rubi tyres <--<< lol, I've an Aussie pal who spelze stuff funny.
I was wanting to replace the four stock tires. Goodyear (MT/R) and was wondering if peeps thought the 244.00 bucks free shipped from Amazon say was just a waste of money..over priced for what one gets on a low side mileage tire?
Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar Radial Tire - 245/75R16 120Q E1 ...lol wups, pasting took control. They changed the thread pattern, kevlar seems funny as I've never known kevlar to resist anything but cuts...and is silicone percent something new? anyone? ...lol, and I've never taken a roofing nail in my sidewall.

There..(oh here I go...we now return control of your fonts..eep!) is a Cooper tire joint in a nearby town, but they've in past been been same price range of Goodyear.
I'm more prone to drive in sand/mudish sand than rocks.. but did I read all mud tires (MT?) are all poor in snow? Compared to what? All terrain look like taking a nap vs aggressive lug tires.
Please excuse my multi-esk question at the perhaps end of thread, 'n tip of hat to the OP. ~ I was wondering opinions of the stock Goodyear (it's changed) performance vs price something other. Tis daily driver mostly, 'n more likely a snow snag a stranger out and up/get them home safe than rocks as said...you guys/gals are cwazy. Ifn I rolled me Jeep, how would I get home? ~'course ya never know of spontaneity eyeballin' a pals landscaping rocks, or home made bridge failed crossing.
~poking fun taken in stride. BTW elephant ride was coined; riding on the roll bar steering with feet(wups, hard top foot in window first time(s) YJ)/1st gear, four high with manual tranny just idling o're hill 'n dale on 200 acre gramps old farm/digs. Lotsa wooded trails/coupla short hills.

elephant ride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #512
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Holy **** rofl
Unread 02-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #513
kabbpowerwagon

Have had great luck with my km2 but have a fat price tag that comes with them. Good review overall just keep them balanced and rotated.
kabbpowerwagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2014, 01:30 PM   #514
dsrtcrawler

BFG KM2. Awesome tires, very loud on roads. Like previous poster said, pricey!
dsrtcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2014, 06:52 AM   #515
Ted15
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardog12 View Post
I do believe that Cooper makes Procomp as well as they make Mickeys and maybe one or two other brands. That being said, IMO, comparing them to the MT/Rs based solely on price is not really fair. If you are looking for performance, I can tell you from experience that there is a big difference between the Coopers and the MT/Rs which justifies the difference in price. If the Coopers/Procomps are an acceptable tire for you, then that's fine. I will take the MT/Rs for the same or very close price any day, tread warranty or not.
I just ordered a set of the emt2, I can't find anyone that isn't happy with them. I haven't been able to confirm yet but from what I've found so far, cooper made the mt's and Maxxis makes the mt2's. The one negative thing I did find was for the extreme mt's was that there were out of round, probably why some require a lot of weights.
Unread 05-12-2014, 11:46 AM   #516
SportTJ03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm getting 33" BFG KM2 tires for my 03 Sport.
SportTJ03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #517
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportTJ03 View Post
I'm getting 33" BFG KM2 tires for my 03 Sport.
Nice. They are good tires though there are quite a few haters of those tires here.
Unread 05-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #518
billiebob
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbpowerwagon View Post
Have had great luck with my km2 but have a fat price tag that comes with them. Good review overall just keep them balanced and rotated.
--------
They aren't cheap but they also last a long time. Cost per mile is probably less than than a cheap tire which wears much faster.
Unread 06-23-2014, 12:52 AM   #519
CrawlAK
2007 JK Wrangler 

I run km2's as well, I really like them off road but they wear fast on asphalt and need to be rotated sooner.
CrawlAK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2014, 03:43 PM   #520
Tylers88
2005 TJ Wrangler 

So 05 tj rubicon with 2" BB, I'm torn between MTR/Ks and MTZs, will just be 265/75s on stocks. I had Kevlars on on my Silverado and love them but I have never heard someone that didn't like their MTZs. MTRs are about $100 more for a set of 5 than MTZs so price isn't a huge difference.
Unread 07-20-2014, 11:29 PM   #521
redbeard13

Does anyone know anything about the Nankang Mudstars? I'm looking for something relatively cheap, yet nasty and gnarly looking. Howling like a scalded dog is a plus also... I was kinda thinking about Mud Claws as well.
redbeard13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2014, 11:33 PM   #522
redbeard13

I had Sigma Trail Cutter M/T's on my '88 chev 1500 and they were without a doubt the BEST cheap mudder I ever saw! Of course they don't make 'em any more...
redbeard13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 05:20 AM   #523
Twilliams517

Will These Tires Fit???

Hey Guys I was Just Wondering if 255/35/20 tires will fit and look good on my 2002 grand cherokee????
Twilliams517 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 10:29 PM   #524
jeremy04949
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I got the new Mastercraft MXT about 2 weeks a go. So far they are quiet and handles well in the rain. They should last +/- 40,000 miles. They look good to.
jeremy04949 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #525
chopstix333
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got these 33" Dunlop Mud Terrains for $100 a piece new! Installed at a local goodyear shop

'98 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L | 4" Pro Comp Lift | 33x12.5x15 Dunlop Mud Rovers | Two 10" Polk Audio Subwoofers | 2 Amps (800w Eclipse and Alpine MRP-1000 Mono) | Kenwood Head Unit | Ham Radio w/ Comet SBB-7 Antenna (Call Sign: KK4BUE) |CB Radio | Hella Vision Plus Conversion with 50w 6k HID bulbs | Lotta Lights |
chopstix333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
m/t , mt , mud , mud terrain , mud tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.