Mud Tires - Page 34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Mud Tires

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #496
orionife
1999 FSJ Cherokee 

I have a 2012 wrangler unlimited sport, and am wondering what the largest size tire I can put on with out a lift kit is.

orionife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #497
agoodies

I have a 2011 wrangler sport 4dr. What are some of the bests tires to choose from that will fit my needs?
Not looking to spend over $300ea (more like $250 if possible), does great in snow and ice (live up north), does great in sand and mud, also a dd and travel to different states for vacations, and isn't loud on highway or street. TIA
agoodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #498
marvinjeep305

Im in the same boat but what's the main difference between the following 35in tires: LT 305/70r18, 325/65r18, 35x12.5r 20LT. Looking for the widest tire possible (then what wheels for that tire?). Want decent rubber showing,font want a skinny bike tire look, but not too fat either... Thx again.
marvinjeep305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #499
peacock08

Kenda Tire Help

Is anyone running with the Kenda Klever KR29's M/T?
I was looking at getting the 255/75/R17 for my Rubicon (they are very well priced) not sure if they are going to fit on my Jeep though.
Anyone help?
peacock08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #500
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm just going to throw this in here, I did a search before I bought these and found extremly little to no reference to them. I been running them since March and I am on the verge of splooging all over the boards like a fanboi about them...I submit for your consideration:

The ProComp Xtreme MT2

I think you will be quite hard pressed to be dissatisfied with them.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #501
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
The ProComp Xtreme MT2
Those look very similar to the Cooper STTs that I had a few years back and a number of similar tires. They were fine. I just find that some of the others are a step up in performance.
Unread 07-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #502
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardog12 View Post
Those look very similar to the Cooper STTs that I had a few years back and a number of similar tires. They were fine. I just find that some of the others are a step up in performance.
It's my understanding that the coopers and the procomps are made by the same mfr. (virtually same tire)

It is my opinion that the difference (improvement) between the MT2 and the original xtreme MT (or your "few years back" coopers) is comparable/analogous to that of the difference between the original Goodyear MTR (sucked balls) and the new MTR/K (all the rage).

Just saying, the MT2 are worth consideration and perform SURPRISINGLY well imo. I was expecting some improvement going from maypops to new tires, but these continue to exceed my expectations quite a bit. For the difference in price between the MT2 and the MTR/K, I'll take the ProComps all day long.
Unread 07-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #503
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

well after looking at the price of them I do not get the Difference in price? I run MTRK's in 35x12,5 x15 cost 225$ procomps 260$.
Unread 07-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #504
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
well after looking at the price of them I do not get the Difference in price? I run MTRK's in 35x12,5 x15 cost 225$ procomps 260$.
Ahh 35's yes, sorry I am running 33's.

16" rims make a big difference as well, although I ditched them after evaluating all my options.

And you know what, my statement still could be a bit meaningless, were it not for the fact that Procomp tires almost always seem to be on buy 3 get one free special....that's the way I got mine.

$750 out the door with a 40k miles warranty. For the performance they are giving me, that is a bargain.
Unread 07-15-2013, 11:40 PM   #505
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It's my understanding that the coopers and the procomps are made by the same mfr. (virtually same tire)

It is my opinion that the difference (improvement) between the MT2 and the original xtreme MT (or your "few years back" coopers) is comparable/analogous to that of the difference between the original Goodyear MTR (sucked balls) and the new MTR/K (all the rage).

Just saying, the MT2 are worth consideration and perform SURPRISINGLY well imo. I was expecting some improvement going from maypops to new tires, but these continue to exceed my expectations quite a bit. For the difference in price between the MT2 and the MTR/K, I'll take the ProComps all day long.
I do believe that Cooper makes Procomp as well as they make Mickeys and maybe one or two other brands. That being said, IMO, comparing them to the MT/Rs based solely on price is not really fair. If you are looking for performance, I can tell you from experience that there is a big difference between the Coopers and the MT/Rs which justifies the difference in price. If the Coopers/Procomps are an acceptable tire for you, then that's fine. I will take the MT/Rs for the same or very close price any day, tread warranty or not.
Unread 07-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #506
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardog12 View Post
I do believe that Cooper makes Procomp as well as they make Mickeys and maybe one or two other brands. That being said, IMO, comparing them to the MT/Rs based solely on price is not really fair. If you are looking for performance, I can tell you from experience that there is a big difference between the Coopers and the MT/Rs which justifies the difference in price. If the Coopers/Procomps are an acceptable tire for you, then that's fine. I will take the MT/Rs for the same or very close price any day, tread warranty or not.
well what I was really comparing was the difference between old MTR and the new MTR, and comparing that to the difference between the old Procomp/Cooper to the new MT2.

If you are comparing the old Coopers to the new MTR, then you're doing it wrong.

Full disclosure, I'm doing it wrong too, I had the old MTR and now the new Procomp.

I'm just saying, as I did in my original post....for $750, you will be hard pressed to find much fault with the new MT2.

As I'm sure I'd be hard pressed to find much fault with the new MTR....for $1k.
Unread 07-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #507
Lincolnwelding
2000 XJ Cherokee 

10.5's or 12.5's for mud? I always thought the wider the better but i just got a bunch of knowledge droped on me in another thread and now i think ive been wrong all along. So if a serious mudder could help me i would appreciate it
Lincolnwelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #508
WXman
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacock08 View Post
Is anyone running with the Kenda Klever KR29's M/T?
I was looking at getting the 255/75/R17 for my Rubicon (they are very well priced) not sure if they are going to fit on my Jeep though.
Anyone help?
Yes, they will fit. The Kenda tires are made in China. However, everything I've found says that Cooper bought out the brand a few years ago and so the quality in theory should be pretty good. All I know is they look awesome and the price is fantastic. There's an ebay seller shipping them for $530 a set.
imag1624.jpg  
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #509
TurboGoKart
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ahh 35's yes, sorry I am running 33's.

16" rims make a big difference as well, although I ditched them after evaluating all my options.

And you know what, my statement still could be a bit meaningless, were it not for the fact that Procomp tires almost always seem to be on buy 3 get one free special....that's the way I got mine.

$750 out the door with a 40k miles warranty. For the performance they are giving me, that is a bargain.
I've been e-spooging on these for awhile too lol. Where did you pick yours up with that deal? I must know!!! Haha.
TurboGoKart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #510
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGoKart View Post

I've been e-spooging on these for awhile too lol. Where did you pick yours up with that deal? I must know!!! Haha.
Yeh I think time has proven me wrong on that, I still don't see the MT2 model on buy3get1 .

4WP opened a store here and I attended the grand opening sale...I had a page long list of stuff I was buying, so I think they were extra nice to me on that day.

Still seeming to be a GREAT tire, just maybe not the deal of the century if you have to pay for all 4

Buddy of mine just put on some of the new Cooper STT. He got a great deal on them from Discount Tire, I believe. The pattern is slightly different than the PC, but they look real good too.

The coopers took quite a bit of weight to balance out compared to the procomp, but I'm really curious to see how he likes them off road, I think they are going to do pretty well....might be worth a look for you if the procomps are out of range.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.