Mud Tires - Page 31 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Mud Tires

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 04-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #451
Inukshuk
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben22 View Post
I have a 2001 jeep cherokee limited. Im getting a 3 in rough country suspension lift on it. Can someone please give me a tire size for it. It has 16 in wheels and its been a challenge to find tires.
Check these out. Awesome
http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=11&g=1

I just love to go where no man has gone before.
Rock climbing, in marshes, atv trails, mud, tundra etc.
Inukshuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2011, 10:57 PM   #452
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

I had the old style MTR's with the "Durawall Puncture Resistant Sidewall's"

Ummm, yea they're not puncture resistant haha. Good traction, somewhat loud.
tire-1.jpg   tire-2.jpg  

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #453
h20squirter
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biebs53 View Post
I had the old style MTR's with the "Durawall Puncture Resistant Sidewall's"

Ummm, yea they're not puncture resistant haha. Good traction, somewhat loud.
they are puncture resistant, no puncture proof!!! haha. i'm not even gonna ask how that happened.
Unread 05-04-2011, 12:48 AM   #454
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Hahaha well i'm sure you're somewhat curious so i'll try to explain. The thing sticking in and out of my tire is part of a cars tire changing tool. Someone left it laying in the middle of a local trail in the part that is completely covered with trees so you can't see what's on the road ahead. It was laying perfectly flat (perpendicular to my truck) across a small rutt (parallel to my truck) and i hit it my my passenger side front tire and bent it into an L shape. When my rear tire came across, part of it was sticking at the perfect angle and went in the bottom and out the sidewall. I was probably doing 35 and heard it happen. Wasn't a blow out, more of a huge release of air pressure. You can see where it's coming out the bottom, it starts to bend. It was in an L shape but that part broke off when i put the spare on.

Fun times

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #455
tjtrucker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben22 View Post
I have a 2001 jeep cherokee limited. Im getting a 3 in rough country suspension lift on it. Can someone please give me a tire size for it. It has 16 in wheels and its been a challenge to find tires.
The actual dimension of the tires change alittle depending on manufacturer but basically it goes like this.

If you want 32x10.50x16 then go with 265R75/16
if you want 33x11.50x16 then go with 285R75/16

There are other sizes, but you'd be better off asking a tire shop guy about those.

Hope this helps.
tjtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #456
TJspike06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hate to cover old ground, if this is, but I need an answer from someone with more experience and knowledge, please. Had a super weekend wheeling my Rubicon. failed to air down my tires, Trxus MTs 35"x12.50x15, ended up with numerous slices and a puncture! (it was a night ride and I didnt want to lose site of tailights ahead of me !) I now have a spare on 1 corner, Mickey Thompson MTZ 315x75x16. I have a question in regards to size difference. Is there enough difference that I should keep from engaging 4 wheel drive/lockers? worried about damaging spider gears, etc. In my calcuations the spare is only a couple tenths of an in off. What do you all have to say on this matter? Thanks Folks!
TJspike06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #457
JeepManiac10
1998 TJ Wrangler 

can a 31x1050 tire be mounted on a 10 inch wide wheel
JeepManiac10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #458
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepManiac10 View Post
Yes, but that doesn't mean that it should. In this case, I wouldn't do it.
Unread 05-19-2011, 12:42 AM   #459
XJTino
1979 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepManiac10
It can, heck u can mount a 10.5 wide tire on a 12" wide rim if u want. Would I do it for offroading? No way.

I have 31x10.5x15's now with a 8" wide rim and wish I had 7" wide rims. My steel rims are TRASHED from rocks because they only sit in about 1" from the outermost part of the tire. I'm talking dents gouges and chunks missing.

It really depends on your wheeling terrain and style. My rig is a beater and I treat it like one, so that's the damage I get. I should really get some rock rings on it but it might be too late.
If you only do light trails or are in mud, snow, or sand w/o rocks, you might benefit from the slightly wider tread that a wider rim would offer.
Just keep in mind the bead on the tire is a lot more likely to stay set when you air down on a narrower rim. The narrow rim 'pinches' the bead even with no pressure.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"Working with cars is a little like a really awesome date: you start out expecting this to be simple and straightforward; four hours later you're laying under her, panting and cursing, and things are a lot more complicated than you thought."[/FONT]

[B][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="3"]I [U]drove[/U] [/SIZE][SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"]okee[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B] ('92 XJ)
then I wrecked him...
So Then...
[B][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="3"]I [U]drove[/U] [/SIZE][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]r[/COLOR]okee[/SIZE][/FONT][/B] ('93 XJ)
then I rolled him...
Now...
[B][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="3"]I drive [/SIZE][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"] Clifford[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B] ('79 J-20)
XJTino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2011, 05:19 PM   #460
JerrysJeep
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Nitto Mud Grapplers so far i've these tires for 4+ month's an i LOVE them. Off or On road. MPG. is not as good.. but on the street these tire's are LOUD. lol And they are powerful. have not failed me yet.
dscf0288.jpg   dscf0287.jpg  
Unread 08-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #461
Willis107
2006 TJ Wrangler 

peerless?
Willis107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #462
jksahara07
1995 ZJ 

hi i have a 07 jk 4dr and my first set was dick cepek crushers .
good on road, good on wet pavement
great in mud bot not too mutch on a angle they slide .
good on sand and great on rocks.
they humm on the highway like the km2 that my friend as .

but they wear fast 15000 klm not miles and almost half tred was gone .

at this moment i am on 315/75/16 hankook dynapr rt03 and they are great tires, almost no road noise and tay dont wear fast 15000 klm on theme and still like new but i want something more aggressif .

i am stock between the mt/r k the km2 and the niito mud grapplers in 35" size .

the crushers :

the hankook:
jksahara07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #463
jksahara07
1995 ZJ 

how does the mt/r k are with the tred wear ?

my friend as nitto mud grapplers and he is finishing is second year with theme and they have 80% tred left and he did alot of millage with theme .

sorry with my english if theres some errors i am french lol
jksahara07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2011, 07:09 AM   #464
Inukshuk
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Go for the Interco TruXus MT. I've had em for years ans never had a problem in any situation.

http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=11&g=1

I just love to go where no man has gone before.
Rock climbing, in marshes, atv trails, mud, tundra etc.
Inukshuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2011, 06:36 AM   #465
IDIdiesel
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Didnt read the entire thread but has anybody mentioned General Grabber AT2s. Iv been running them for 5k now and love them. I have 31s on my stok XJ but working on it. They have no road noise and are great off road in dirt, stream beds and decent in mud. They havnt let me down yet. Highly impressed with what they allow me to do in a stocker
IDIdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
m/t , mt , mud , mud terrain , mud tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.