Mud Tires - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Mud Tires

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-11-2005, 02:49 PM   #31
Ryno

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf498
anybody run the buckshot mudders? i had a pair on the back of my 2wd truck and they did pritty good as far as gunbo mud road ware and noise. http://www.nebraskatire.com/lt_truck...hotmudders.htm
I had Buckshots on my Yukon for a little while (right before I sold it). They were good wet and dry. I didn't see a lot of offroad action with them but did run through some shallow stuff a few times and they did fine and cleaned pretty well. Noise wasn't bad until interstate speeds, and even then it was acceptable. They were relatively cheap as well, so I would reccomend them.

Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2005, 10:35 PM   #32
stoneydude88

has any one run the geolanders on their rig? I hear good things from all the mags but i havnt heard anything else from the public.
stoneydude88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2005, 03:45 AM   #33
CunningLinguist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
I'll totally disagree on the Goodyear MT sidewall being "puncture proof". My rock crawling bunch runs the Goodyear MT/R whose reinforced sidewall is stronger than the Goodyear MT's is. As strong as the MT/R's reinforced sidewalls are, we've punctured them. I put a nice 3-corner slice all the way through mine on my trip through Sledgehammer in Johnson Valley that took 30+ tire plugs to finally get it sealed well enough so I could limp back to our campsite.
you cant stick a knife through the sidewall. trust me i have tried.
Kevlar re-enforced and the tire also runs on a huge run flat mechanism if it is shot out. This tire only requires about 15 PSI as most of the space inside the tire is solid. Not because of the runflat but the increased sidewall thickness and tread thickness.

The military version is a different case to the regular MT. Also these MTs were specially made for the VAMTAC T7, a hummer copy for deployment in Iraq in 03. VAMTAC complained to GY about the poor sidewall performance and they got a small production run of the new tire for testing. A set which found its way for me to test as I am a dealer for the H1 lookalike.

You have a valid point though because the standard MT has weak sidewalls. They are notorious among the civilian H1 community. Most are replaced with 'like you mentioned' MTRs! The civilian H1 finally got it right this year with the H1 alpha by selling it with MTRs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dope Schemes
By all means enjoy Halo 2.5 but for those with cerebral development beyond that of a spider monkey, pick up Bioshock, you won't regret it.

Last edited by CunningLinguist; 07-09-2005 at 04:00 AM..
CunningLinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2005, 09:07 AM   #34
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Toyo Open Country M/ts- 3 sets all JUNK.. WE coulud not get them balanced well enough no matter what we did. We had 12 tires 12 different rims and tried to mix and match them. They all would not balance. Worst tire i have ever owned.

Do they still make the older looking Goodyear Hummer style mudders? Where Can I find them at?
VegasJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2005, 07:18 PM   #35
Moonpie

man thats harsh on the Toyo's... I am getting ready to buy a set, maybe i should reconsider.
Moonpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2005, 01:10 AM   #36
TJVigilante
Web Wheeler

You may want to throw up the IROKs and Interco TSL/SX's, which are available in wider sizes than the TSL Radials.
TJVigilante is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2005, 12:15 PM   #37
Jonny0neNut

grabbed this from tirerack.com hope it helps

Jonny0neNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 03:53 PM   #38
randyszj94
1994 ZJ 

Has anyone every ran these TrXus MT/STS? im thinking bout gettin thoses 31/11.50/15 ffor my 94 zj i want some mean nice price mud tires that not 1 has heard about so im not copying anyone out here you no? but my question is are they good? im lookin to get a lot of mud on my tires n im hoping they can do it for me
randyszj94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2005, 12:20 PM   #39
97Xj_Sport

Denman Tires

Are the Ground Hawgs any good. I've heard that they last a long time on the road due to the hardness of the rubber
97Xj_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2005, 05:21 AM   #40
Penz
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I'm running a set of Pro Comp MT's. They are great tires but they don't last long. I only got a little over 10k out of them and now I need new tires. I'm saving them for playing and getting some AT's. That is unless there are some MT's that will last driving down the highway. Are there any MT's with like a 40-50k tread life?
Penz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2005, 07:55 PM   #41
Dogman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioGuru
Both the BFG MT and the Cooper Discoverer have a benefit I'm looking for, but I'm wondering if any other brands have it, too. There is a small raised ridge in the void between the lugs. This ridge helps break suction and causes the tires to clear better. Has anyone noticed this ridge on any other brands of Mud Terrain?

Probably way past due, but I was just looking at the Toyo Open Country MT and it has that feature.

Unread 08-17-2005, 03:01 AM   #42
burby
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penz
I'm running a set of Pro Comp MT's. They are great tires but they don't last long. I only got a little over 10k out of them and now I need new tires. I'm saving them for playing and getting some AT's. That is unless there are some MT's that will last driving down the highway. Are there any MT's with like a 40-50k tread life?
Wow, what are you doing to those PC MTs that they need replacing after 10k miles? I had ~20k on a set that was only 1/2 worn. I sold the truck they were on so I won't be able to tell how long they'd last, but I'd venture to say they'd go up to about 40k before needing replacement. Just my opinion!
Unread 08-23-2005, 05:26 PM   #43
G17Cabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight1989
Anybody running those ProComp XT's? I just bought a set and curious if I'm the only one out there with them, seems to be an uncommon choice.
I like my XTerrains!

G17Cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2005, 11:49 AM   #44
CJEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJeep
Toyo Open Country M/ts- 3 sets all JUNK.. WE coulud not get them balanced well enough no matter what we did. We had 12 tires 12 different rims and tried to mix and match them. They all would not balance. Worst tire i have ever owned.

Your kidding me right? We have 4 rigs running the 35x13.50 R 15 versions here and they are the best balancing MT we have ever seen. (and the best the tire place has ever seen.

My worst tire took 4.75 ounces to balance and one of them only took .5 ounces.

These are the best tires I have run on my Jeep. I feel they outperform my 35" MT/Rs in every respect and I really like MT/Rs.

-Eli
Unread 10-10-2005, 01:59 AM   #45
Inukshuk
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I've got the TSL/SX. Great tire, but so far I have had three sets of interco tires and in extreme cold the side walls have all ed. They offered to send me a new set, but even if I do that, I know they will again. I think it's because the compound is to soft. No matter I am still staying with them. It sucks though.
I had them sipped as well and that helps a lot in traction all year round.

I just love to go where no man has gone before.
Rock climbing, in marshes, atv trails, mud, tundra etc.

Last edited by Inukshuk; 02-16-2006 at 06:43 PM..
Inukshuk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.