Mud Tires - Page 28 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Mud Tires

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 03-23-2010, 03:50 PM   #406
OFFRDWJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrookerd View Post
what do you guys think about the INTERCO TrXus Mud Terrain Tire??
I hate them.
I love the km2s I have now.

If you enjoy very loud, aggressive tires then go for them, but they aren't worth the money if you are going to be driving it on the road for long amounts of time!
They balance like crap, when you accelerate the truck hops left to right, because the tires themselves aren't perfectly round.

I would recommend them to someone that is driving their truck to and from a mud pit once in a while. Not worth it if you are daily driving your truck. From the season I had them they preformed well in the mud.

OFFRDWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 05:55 PM   #407
austentatious
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Does anybody have opinions on running a 33 inch tall, 10.5 width KM2? I have 33/12.5 all terrains right now and i want to know what the differences i would notice would be. Whether it was wheeling or just driving on the street. Theyre dirt cheap on discounttire.com

|ProComp|Rokmen|Zone|MetalCloak|RockHard|Mastercraft|TomWoods|Novak|TenFactory|Synergy|
austentatious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 11:50 PM   #408
Jakemd98
Choosy moms choose jeep.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

i love the skinny KM2's... put a set on a taco a while back, looked sick. They will dig to china if you let them, so just be aware of that for your wheeling style. tall and skinny is good in snow and mud that has a bottom (that you want to get to), wide is good for ice (or better) and good for thick mud that you don't want to dig deep into. IMHO a 12.50 is perfect, but 10.50's cut down on the weight. One good thing to look at w/ a 12.50 is you have a better bead holding capability on a 7 or 8" rim vs a 10.50 tire.

97 Jeep Wrangler
4.0, 5 speed AX-15, D44 & Ford 8.8 w/Detroit - 4.88, NP-231, OME 2.5" coils w/1.25" spacers on front, 1.25" JKS BL, 35X12.50R15 KM2 on 15x8 Eagle alloys, Banks Header, Banks Monster Exhaust, Brown Dog MML, Rhino Liner, Tuffy Glove Box, AtoZ Rockers, Optima Red Top Battery.

1998 GMC Yukon

Wilmington weekly 4x4 meet
Jakemd98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 11:47 AM   #409
hesserdude07
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i have a set of 31" Trxus MTs on my jeep on crager simulated beadlock wheels and LOVE THEM. they are not any louder than a normal mud tire, wear is amazing, and they work wonders!! Air down and they are twice as good...
Unread 03-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #410
Slow_Lane
2010 JK Wrangler 

Running 33x10.5 16 trxus MT and love them to death. It is my DD when these wear out I will buy another set. DO IT!
Unread 04-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #411
studstill1
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Whats the biggest tire i can fit comfortably on my stock xj all the tires for my stock xj look like they belong to much on the street. i was thinking of getting the 215.75.15 BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 if they will fit
Unread 04-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #412
headstrong50
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i just bought a pair of Hercules 33" and have only had them for <100 miles. want something bigger. how much do i ask for my Hercules and what tire do i go with? i want 37" and one great for mud/rocks. not worried about road noise/handling. i figure i can get used to that.
Unread 05-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #413
milesotexas
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Mickey Thompson black on black!

You'll have to check out the profile pick but just put MTZ's and Sidebiters on the jeep... 33/12.50/15
milesotexas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2010, 01:44 AM   #414
dustin4b
2013 JK Wrangler 

Rolling on some 36" Swamper TSL's, but really want to go down to a 35 M/T. Checking out the BFG m/t's and they look pretty good. Hopefully it will calm down the ride too and keep me out of the ditch.
dustin4b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 11:31 PM   #415
midfifty2
1996 ZJ 

What do you think the best mud terrain for daily driver is currently?

I think all the mt tires will do their job offroad for my weekend warrior excursions but I travel over an hour to school and back once a week plus driving at home. So what is everyone opinion on best for my money on performance and wear? I have km 1's and I am so impressed they've got half tread after two years. But I hear bad things about km2's so I'm not sure what to do.. Thanks.
35" BFG km2 mud
DC1 15x8
midfifty2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #416
crzdmnky
1977 CJ5 

I want to add my tires that I just bought for my DD 83 jeep CJ7. I bought some 31x10.50's Maxxis Buckshot mudders, and I am very very happy with them, I will buy them again, they do awesome offroad and on the rocks. Just took them out Saturday when they still had blue lettering on the tires. They no longer have the blue lettering is all I have to say. But they do great down the highway, and am very happy with them.
crzdmnky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2010, 10:53 PM   #417
benefred
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Bridgestone Dueler M/T does not come in the size listed 32x11.50x15!
benefred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #418
madbutcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by midfifty2 View Post

I think all the mt tires will do their job offroad for my weekend warrior excursions but I travel over an hour to school and back once a week plus driving at home. So what is everyone opinion on best for my money on performance and wear? I have km 1's and I am so impressed they've got half tread after two years. But I hear bad things about km2's so I'm not sure what to do.. Thanks.
my old mt Cooper stt (30x9,5) was grate on road and ofroad now i'm waiting for my new Kuhmo KL71 (32x11,5) and can't wait to try it out

[URL="http://rateyourmusic.com/collection/MadMadbutcher/visual,r0.0-5.0,n50,ooun"]My Music on RYM[/URL]
madbutcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #419
Inukshuk
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Trxus MT

You can't beat the Trxus MT
It has more zipping than any other off road tire. Super good in mud, swamp, rocks, snow, ice, and you don't even hear them on the highway. Very quiet. Super traction because of it's soft compound, but tough. I've run mine through everything I just mentioned and will get them again when they wear out. They are good for about 50k miles

Jeeps - Andre Brassard's Photos
TrXus MT | Interco Tire
_dsc5558.jpg   _dsc5556.jpg  

I just love to go where no man has gone before.
Rock climbing, in marshes, atv trails, mud, tundra etc.
Inukshuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #420
Jakemd98
Choosy moms choose jeep.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midfifty2 View Post

what bad things have you heard about the KM2's? I had the KM's and loved them, and i have nothing bad to say about the KM2's. They are better in all categories except for they are a bit louder on the street (not that much louder though)

97 Jeep Wrangler
4.0, 5 speed AX-15, D44 & Ford 8.8 w/Detroit - 4.88, NP-231, OME 2.5" coils w/1.25" spacers on front, 1.25" JKS BL, 35X12.50R15 KM2 on 15x8 Eagle alloys, Banks Header, Banks Monster Exhaust, Brown Dog MML, Rhino Liner, Tuffy Glove Box, AtoZ Rockers, Optima Red Top Battery.

1998 GMC Yukon

Wilmington weekly 4x4 meet
Jakemd98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
m/t , mt , mud , mud terrain , mud tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.