Mud Tires - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Mud Tires

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 05-10-2009, 08:00 PM   #346
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Ive got Maxxis Bighorns 32x11.5

Unread 05-14-2009, 02:42 AM   #347
Doepie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

What tires will you guys recommend? Its for a competition Jeep,custom everything. We want to put 35x12.5x15 on but we aint sure whats going to work the best, Its going to do lots of trail and rock.
Doepie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2009, 04:12 AM   #348
Jeepguy1977
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doepie View Post
What tires will you guys recommend? Its for a competition Jeep,custom everything. We want to put 35x12.5x15 on but we aint sure whats going to work the best, Its going to do lots of trail and rock.
Right now, the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar seems to be a good option but it's still new. Haven't heard anything negative about them yet unless you consider the whining about some sizes coming with with outline lettering on the sidewall

I'll be trying a set out in about a week and a half.
Rolled Red Jeep Club Member #7
Jeepguy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2009, 04:48 PM   #349
+Crusader+

Krawler if ya got the dollar ...
Unread 05-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #350
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doepie View Post
Maxxis creepy crawlers or BFG Krawlers.
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2009, 06:03 PM   #351
Jakemd98
Choosy moms choose jeep.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofire75 View Post
Maxxis creepy crawlers or BFG Krawlers.
x's 2... if it's a dedicated multi terrain off-road vehicle these are the two best choices for ya.

97 Jeep Wrangler
4.0, 5 speed AX-15, D44 & Ford 8.8 w/Detroit - 4.88, NP-231, OME 2.5" coils w/1.25" spacers on front, 1.25" JKS BL, 35X12.50R15 KM2 on 15x8 Eagle alloys, Banks Header, Banks Monster Exhaust, Brown Dog MML, Rhino Liner, Tuffy Glove Box, AtoZ Rockers, Optima Red Top Battery.

1998 GMC Yukon

Wilmington weekly 4x4 meet
Jakemd98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #352
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

brand new Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains, 32x11.5 on 15x8" rockcrawlers...
img_3125.jpg   img_3127.jpg  
1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2009, 12:31 AM   #353
pianissimo357
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
brand new Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains, 32x11.5 on 15x8" rockcrawlers...
that's a great looking ride.
pianissimo357 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #354
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Thanks...it is truly enjoyed...
1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #355
Jakemd98
Choosy moms choose jeep.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Anybody run the super swamper M16?

I think I’m going to slide into a set of these soon, I have heard they get half way decent mileage (comparable to MTZ's... hopefully). I have also heard that they are magical in mud, not sure on rocks yet... if anything I will keep y'all updated once I get some.

http://intercotire.com/tires.php?id=2&g=1

97 Jeep Wrangler
4.0, 5 speed AX-15, D44 & Ford 8.8 w/Detroit - 4.88, NP-231, OME 2.5" coils w/1.25" spacers on front, 1.25" JKS BL, 35X12.50R15 KM2 on 15x8 Eagle alloys, Banks Header, Banks Monster Exhaust, Brown Dog MML, Rhino Liner, Tuffy Glove Box, AtoZ Rockers, Optima Red Top Battery.

1998 GMC Yukon

Wilmington weekly 4x4 meet
Jakemd98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2009, 07:35 PM   #356
TNeustadt
2004 TJ Wrangler 

joney needs to be deleted...and his g###**y pants
TNeustadt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2009, 01:21 AM   #357
+Crusader+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakemd98 View Post
Anybody run the super swamper M16?
To me the lugs appear to be too large with not enough siping. Meaning in deep rain you will be more likely to hydroplane due to lack of water absorbtion by the tread ... and in packed snow they are probably miserable due to lack of biting edges created by siping. The lug spacing also does not appear to be wide enough to make them a formidable player offroad either. To me, these M16's just seem like another failed attempt by Interco to break into the "street tire" market, but I suspect their overall performance to be closer to the Thornturd and less well-rounded as their Trxus MT design. That is my opinion based on what I know about tire design.
Unread 06-24-2009, 01:43 AM   #358
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoff View Post
To me the lugs appear to be too large with not enough siping. Meaning in deep rain you will be more likely to hydroplane due to lack of water absorbtion by the tread ... and in packed snow they are probably miserable due to lack of biting edges created by siping. The lug spacing also does not appear to be wide enough to make them a formidable player offroad either. To me, these M16's just seem like another failed attempt by Interco to break into the "street tire" market, but I suspect their overall performance to be closer to the Thornturd and less well-rounded as their Trxus MT design. That is my opinion based on what I know about tire design.
I agree. I'll add that the treads are very long side to side without any sipes or grooves running in the circumferential direction.

i.e. - in addition to what Hoff said, I think they'd have a nasty lateral side slipping.

i.e. - you're rearend would fishtail a lot on winter roads, and your front would understeer, IMO.

With enough work with a groover and siper they could be made into a decent hybrid tire, but why bother? You can buy better tires that are lready to use, without needing siping and grooving mods. IMO.

Last edited by CB3; 06-24-2009 at 01:35 PM..
CB3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #359
ZJ_Shane
1993 ZJ 

I am a new jeeper and had a hard time choosing my first tire since I am so new to this. I heard some pretty positive reviews on the mickey Thompson Baja claw radial, and I live in Canada so unless I wanted bfg mall terrains I had to order in whatever I chose. When I went into my local performance shop to order in my new wheels and tires I found out there was a large mail in rebate on all mickey Thompson wheels and tires, so I ordered the baja claw radial 33x12.5-15's and the new 15x10 SideBiters, however the offset did not match my ZJ so I had to add 1.75" spacers all around. I will have approx. 2" of backspacing in the end, on a 10" wide rim, should look pretty beefy. Anyways this was all 6 weeks ago and my tires still haven't been shipped in so if you know anyone that works for mickey Thompson please tell them there is a very inpatient young boy in Canada relying on these for his dd. As soon as they come I will be sure to review them here, since I don't see to many baja claws here in Canada. Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in, it's my first JF post
ZJ_Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #360
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Keep us posted, Shane. I'd like to know how they do
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
m/t , mt , mud , mud terrain , mud tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.