Mud Tires - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Mud Tires

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-27-2007, 11:38 AM   #241
tastybrownies
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone know how the Interco tsl/sx's perform, I have heard their really similar to the radials but I don't know anyone who has them. And for some reason I can't find any reviews either.

I was thinking about buying a set fo these, anyone know otherwise?

tastybrownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #242
james509
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy591
Is anyone running the new BFG mud terrain KM2 tire? the cross between the mud and krawler they have? How do you like it? how is road noise? How is it in rain? I wanna see a run down on this tire, i'm super interested in it.

X 2 I'd like to hear something on um. Mine wont be here for a couple weeks yet.
315/75/16 BFG KM2s on 16/8 AR-636
3 in. OME 1 1/2 in. spacers ft. 1.25 JKS body lift Warn XD9000I Currie control arms JKS discos
Dana 44 rear ARBs front & rear Warn Bumpers
james509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2008, 09:09 AM   #243
whatpavment?
1996 ZJ 

Guys in the triad area of North Carolina where are you finding the best deals on Discoverer stt's?
Unread 02-14-2008, 12:28 AM   #244
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Kumho vs Maxxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
I'm lovin' my Kumhos - They were a little wander-y in loose snow on the highway, but deep stuff they seem to grab really good. Not bad at all on ice.

About 10-11k on them so far, and they're wearing very well.
I was just about set to order some Bighorns, when I ran across a review on the Kumho Road Venture M/T KL-71s you have. I'm now leaning toward these. They seem to be a cross between the Pro Comp Extreme M/T and the Bighorns. I've heard great things from a few guys here and on other forums. They're supposed to be a great all-around aggressive tire like the Bighorns, while being really quiet on pavement. And they look awesome!

I found them here for about the same price as the Bighorns, about $540 shipped for 265/70R-17:

http://www.treadepot.com/index.html

What to do, what to do...
!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
WJ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 07:05 AM   #245
jsmorris
Director of Philosophy

I've put 2500 miles on my 31x10.50 Trxus MTs with steelies, and I can't be happier. We've had about five 2-4" snows this winter and one 6" snow and these tires just rock in any type of snow.

Dry pavement is good, low noise, they balanced really nice, and they are wearing perfectly. Still a bit early to tell, but I might have found my future go-to tire.

'89 Grand Wagoneer
jsmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 07:15 AM   #246
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ Freak View Post
I was just about set to order some Bighorns, when I ran across a review on the Kumho Road Venture M/T KL-71s you have. I'm now leaning toward these. They seem to be a cross between the Pro Comp Extreme M/T and the Bighorns. I've heard great things from a few guys here and on other forums. They're supposed to be a great all-around aggressive tire like the Bighorns, while being really quiet on pavement. And they look awesome!

I found them here for about the same price as the Bighorns, about $540 shipped for 265/70R-17:

http://www.treadepot.com/index.html

What to do, what to do...
It's about time Kumho did a product shot on normal size rims so you can actually see the sidewall. Drove me nuts when I was shopping for them last year - they only had a shot of them in a low profile situation. I'm absolutely loving the KL-71s. Wearing very well, good performance in snow and ice, incredible on granite and slickrock, spit out mud like a loogie. They do get a bit louder as they wear, but still not bad at all. Remember they're a directional tire, so you'll want to get a different-branded spare that's not directional.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2008, 06:30 PM   #247
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Quote:
It's about time Kumho did a product shot on normal size rims so you can actually see the sidewall. Drove me nuts when I was shopping for them last year - they only had a shot of them in a low profile situation. I'm absolutely loving the KL-71s. Wearing very well, good performance in snow and ice, incredible on granite and slickrock, spit out mud like a loogie. They do get a bit louder as they wear, but still not bad at all. Remember they're a directional tire, so you'll want to get a different-branded spare that's not directional.
Oh, yeah...I didn't think about the fact that they're directional. Any draw-backs to that aspect? Would I be better off with the Bighorns?
!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
Unread 02-20-2008, 06:37 PM   #248
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

I don't see any drawbacks at all unless you're vain

If you prefer to have a matching spare, you'll want to go with the Bighorns. Same if you like to rotate your spare in. Since I have a 249TC (for the non GC-ers, it's an on-demand transfer case with low tolerance for tire diameter), I don't rotate my spare in, so I just keep an el-cheapo in the back that matches height and width.

If anything, they're easier to rotate if you're a DIY-er. Back to front/front to back and you're done. As long as your alignment is good, you should see no issues with goofy wear (mine must be perfect, or these tires don't care about alignment, because I'm seeing very even wear).

I've seen the Bighorns in action on others' rigs, and I've personally experienced the KL71. I recommend both.

Unread 02-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #249
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I don't see any drawbacks at all unless you're vain

If you prefer to have a matching spare, you'll want to go with the Bighorns. Same if you like to rotate your spare in. Since I have a 249TC (for the non GC-ers, it's an on-demand transfer case with low tolerance for tire diameter), I don't rotate my spare in, so I just keep an el-cheapo in the back that matches height and width.

If anything, they're easier to rotate if you're a DIY-er. Back to front/front to back and you're done. As long as your alignment is good, you should see no issues with goofy wear (mine must be perfect, or these tires don't care about alignment, because I'm seeing very even wear).

I've seen the Bighorns in action on others' rigs, and I've personally experienced the KL71. I recommend both.
I'm a little new to all this, but why wouldn't you be able to rotate in a directional spare?
cab76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 05:42 PM   #250
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

The rim would be backwards, depending on the side you put it on. Directional tires are meant to be oriented in a certain way.

Unread 02-22-2008, 12:25 AM   #251
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
The rim would be backwards, depending on the side you put it on. Directional tires are meant to be oriented in a certain way.
Makes sense - thanks.
cab76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #252
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukshuk View Post
Right now I've got the TSL/SX 32x11.50-15 and am about to order the TrXus 35x12.50-15. I've read nothing but good revues on them and they look great with real good sipping, so they should have very good traction.

I want that SS TSL/sx too
how is it in the rocks?

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 03:44 PM   #253
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, 17 pages and its down to
cooper STT , TSL/SX 32x11.50-15 and the super swamper LTB but that may be a bit extreem,
We run mostly rocks and loose rocks
I mostly just run around town and off road as this is not my DD
I want a 32x11.50x15 and I dont mind if its loud, I actually like it I cant find the LTB in a 32"
I am running stock gears and dont think I can go with a 33

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 09:54 AM   #254
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Even though I have the Cooper STTs and they are great for what I do with them, it sounds like you would do better with one of the Interco tires. From what I have seen, they are both great in action so I am not sure which would be better for you. You may want to look at Interco's website, though, since they don't show the LTB as having a 32" tire.
Unread 03-23-2008, 01:35 PM   #255
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

BFG M/T KO vs Maxxis Bighorn M/T on a WJ

Okay, okay. I know I've been saying this for a while, but my lift upgrade install was delayed until next weekend, so now it's down to D-day for the tires.

I'm looking for input from WJ owners who have BFG M/T KMs. I'm all set to order some Maxxis Bighorns, but Tire Rack and some vendors on eBay have the KMs (obviously clearing out inventory for KM2s) for $99 a piece for 265/70R-17s. They're about $500 with shipping, whereas the Bighorns are $630 shipped from the cheapest vendor I can find.

From what I've heard, the reason I should get the Bighorns over the BFGs are the Maxxis are quieter, better in rain and snow, and they're 8-ply. I know the KMs can be loud and caused cabin vibration on a new JK Unlimited Rubicon when I drove one. What are your opinions of BFG M/T KMs on the WJ?

Thanks,

Todd

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.