Mud Tires - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Mud Tires

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-21-2007, 11:31 PM   #151
will04wrangler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wasn't sure which thread to post this on... Can you put 32x11.50s on stock 15x 7 wheels??? if 12.50 tires go on 15x8s all the time, there shouldn't be a problem right? (not considering back spacing) I don't wanna throw away a good set of wheels.

If it's not a good idea then i'm just gonna go up too 33s if I'm gonna have to buy new wheels too

will04wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2007, 12:13 AM   #152
NewLaw83
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by will04wrangler
Wasn't sure which thread to post this on... Can you put 32x11.50s on stock 15x 7 wheels??? if 12.50 tires go on 15x8s all the time, there shouldn't be a problem right? (not considering back spacing) I don't wanna throw away a good set of wheels.

If it's not a good idea then i'm just gonna go up too 33s if I'm gonna have to buy new wheels too
that would be perfect you would able to air down quite a bit

Sam
NewLaw83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2007, 12:12 AM   #153
will04wrangler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLaw83
that would be perfect you would able to air down quite a bit

Why would 32x11.5s on the stock 15x7s allow me to air down a lot???
Unread 01-23-2007, 06:25 AM   #154
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by will04wrangler
Why would 32x11.5s on the stock 15x7s allow me to air down a lot???

wide tire on narrow wheel allows airing down with less risk of losing a bead. The lip of the tire is pressured against the wheel lip creating a tight seal.
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2007, 11:05 AM   #155
will04wrangler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cool! thanks man, I've never aired down very much because I've heard some bad stories. But even a little bit can go a long way. Thanks for the tip!
Unread 01-24-2007, 08:13 AM   #156
Gav'spurplez

i really like the trxus MT but i'm only going with a 2in lift, and they do not come in 32s,
so can i run 33s ?

if not i'm going with the maxxis bighorns
1999 Wrangler Sport - SOLD
2009 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
Gav'spurplez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2007, 09:39 PM   #157
GringoLoco
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm looking for a mud tire in 33X12.50. My two top priorities are it HAS to be good in mud (always raining here), and it has to have good tread life. What I DON'T care about is noise. Actually, I'd prefer some road slap. I can't figure out why everybody is praising mud tires for how quiet they are... My top pick was BFG MT, then after price shopping today at Discount Tire the guy got me thinking about Cooper Discoverer STT's, but after reading about how nice and quiet and fluffy they are, I'm reconsidering. Are there any "real" mud tires that perform well in the slop while still getting long tread life? I even thought about Boggers, but they just seem like they'd either chunk out or only get 10K out of them before they wore down. That and, while I'd prefer some road humm, Boggers seem like they'd shake the Jeep apart on the freeway, lol.
YELLOW Jeep Club Member #5606
13 mpg - edit: 12 mpg
No hi-lift on the hood (yet)
Odd noises
Still can't get it to take off from a treadmill....
GringoLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2007, 03:05 AM   #158
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by GringoLoco
I'm looking for a mud tire in 33X12.50. My two top priorities are it HAS to be good in mud (always raining here), and it has to have good tread life. What I DON'T care about is noise. Actually, I'd prefer some road slap. I can't figure out why everybody is praising mud tires for how quiet they are... My top pick was BFG MT, then after price shopping today at Discount Tire the guy got me thinking about Cooper Discoverer STT's, but after reading about how nice and quiet and fluffy they are, I'm reconsidering. Are there any "real" mud tires that perform well in the slop while still getting long tread life? I even thought about Boggers, but they just seem like they'd either chunk out or only get 10K out of them before they wore down. That and, while I'd prefer some road humm, Boggers seem like they'd shake the Jeep apart on the freeway, lol.

just go with the bfg muds. You know they last long and perform well which hits both of your priorities.
Unread 01-26-2007, 03:23 AM   #159
Flash2004

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GringoLoco
Go with the Coopers, sure they're quiet, but they deliver more on the trail and in soft going than the BFG's. I find the only thing they don't perform well on is wet grass. I won our club champs in my baby Jeep with STT's fitted. A very underrated tire.

Gordon Down Under
MT Egmont 4WD club http://www.egmont4wd.co.nz/
1999 TJ Sahara with about everything you can buy or make stuck to it.
check this out, this is my club activity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my9d_rhVDEY
My company http://www.crusherdealer.com
Flash2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2007, 03:39 AM   #160
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash2004
Go with the Coopers, sure they're quiet, but they deliver more on the trail and in soft going than the BFG's. I find the only thing they don't perform well on is wet grass. I won our club champs in my baby Jeep with STT's fitted. A very underrated tire.
Do they wear good? My friend up in RIT has a Yukon and ran three sets of these tires. Each got no more than 25k. He now runs MT/R's.
Unread 01-26-2007, 05:49 AM   #161
YJNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight1989
Anybody running those ProComp XT's? I just bought a set and curious if I'm the only one out there with them, seems to be an uncommon choice.
I love Mine!!!!
YJNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2007, 08:26 AM   #162
suckcreek 4x4
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight1989
Anybody running those ProComp XT's? I just bought a set and curious if I'm the only one out there with them, seems to be an uncommon choice.
I ran them on a 98 wrangler and a 2002 Tacoma I loved the way that they performed .I know a couple of guys that are running them and the say that they wouldnt have any other tire.
suckcreek 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2007, 03:20 AM   #163
Flash2004

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddeprived
Do they wear good? My friend up in RIT has a Yukon and ran three sets of these tires. Each got no more than 25k. He now runs MT/R's.
I don't know how long the latest Cooper STT's have been out in the USA but they've only been out here about a year. Your friend might have been using the old Cooper STT style? I know the new ones are much better on road and in most ways still better than the old ones off road.

If you want mileage I'd go for the Cooper ST's which are more of an all terrain but are excellent on road. In Australia, Cooper gurantee them for 50,000 miles or will replace them for free. Obviously they're not as good as the STT's off road but still great in the dry dirt and they are a really sticky tire on the road. I had them on my GMC tow vehicle and could outrun most cars in the turns! The GMC is an 8.1 and I'm a little heavy footed so the rears wore out in 25,000 but the fronts were still plemty good.

Gordon Down Under
MT Egmont 4WD club http://www.egmont4wd.co.nz/
1999 TJ Sahara with about everything you can buy or make stuck to it.
check this out, this is my club activity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my9d_rhVDEY
My company http://www.crusherdealer.com
Flash2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #164
grandCherokee06

Has anyone tried the Kumho Road Venture mt kl71?
I've heard some good things on tirerack. How do they preform?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....enture+MT+KL71
[B][I][U]1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]5.2L ~ V8[/U][/I][/B]
grandCherokee06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2007, 05:41 PM   #165
Ds4x4
1996 ZJ 

4x15MPH just got a set.. check page 10 of this thread..

I'm also looking into a set.. 245/75/16.. just gotta check on some local prices w/install..

4x15MPH, How are they offroad? Are the white letters on the other side, or are they straight blackwalls?
OME Stab.; Rustys 2" BB + shocks, xtreme hi-lift, Kennesaw Rear MultiCarrier
Proud To Be A FF/EMT/Police/Military Club Member #15
Ds4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.