Mud Tires - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Mud Tires

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 01-09-2007, 03:30 AM   #136
NewLaw83
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would try the Toyo Open Country MTs. I just got them on and i tried them in the rain the other day and today they worked awesome i didnt slip at all. The only problem with the the tire is the lack of sizes available. I have 33x13.50 wide tires which i think is the smallest they make. Its great on road mud terrain with a quiet hum. Its also an aggresive looking tire also. so far i have no complaints

Sam
NewLaw83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #137
Inukshuk
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by violatedppl
well after a few bad times with my BFG MT's in the rain I am looking for something new. I really like what Ive heard about the trxus MT, but just wondering how it does in the rain/ wet weather. I know it will do well in mud, snow, dry weather. But so do my BFG's, And with them as soon as it looks like its going to rain I just put it in full time 4wd or else all I do is spin my tires. Its almost to the point of going to an AT but I dont want to make the offroad sacrafice.

The TrXus Mt's are sipped, plus they are the most sipped out of all thev MT tires out there, and so far they have worked very good for me in all conditions.

I just love to go where no man has gone before.
Rock climbing, in marshes, atv trails, mud, tundra etc.
Inukshuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2007, 11:22 AM   #138
Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by basso4735
anyone run the mickey thompson mtz's?
Not on my Jeep, but I just put some LT315/75R17 ones on my new Power Wagon. After about 7,500 miles so far, they're great. They run smooth and relatively quiet and perform really well on dry roads as well as wet or snowy roads. Where I live, we recently got about 18" of snow and they pulled me right up my uphill, 300-foot, unplowed driveway, although I did need 4WD. The only thing I'm waiting to see is how well they do offroad and how well they wear. Otherwise, I think they're a great tire. I've read good things about their offroad performance, but haven't yet taken mine offroad.
'02 Wrangler Sport, 4.0L Auto, D44/D30, ARB lockers, Tera S4T, 33x12.5 BFG MT/KMs, Eagle 589s, Rancho RS 9000s, Warn XD9000i, Wilderness Swing Away, Currie Rockers, Bestop Flares, Cobra 75WXST, Garmin GPS V, etc.
Claw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #139
XJ's4-ALL

help! I was wondering what would be the biggest and best i could put on my stock XJ? I want to lift it however my wife is very short and already has trouble gtting in. I would like a Good set of shoes and I do not want them to rub when i turn i have bfgoodrich longtrails 225/75/r15 they are horrible in snow and mud. any sugestions would be appreciated.
XJ's4-ALL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2007, 07:41 AM   #140
4x15MPH
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Kumho MT KL71

I just mounted these Kumho tires. Some folks asked for pics since we all have a hard time finding a good picture other than what TireRack is showing. The picture on tirerack makes this appear to be a low profile (bling, bling) type tire but it is not.

Side View:
kumho.jpg

Tread View:
kumho-front.jpg
Unread 01-14-2007, 11:08 AM   #141
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x15MPH
I just mounted these Kumho tires. Some folks asked for pics since we all have a hard time finding a good picture other than what TireRack is showing. The picture on tirerack makes this appear to be a low profile (bling, bling) type tire but it is not.

Side View:
Attachment 25185

Tread View:
Attachment 25186
Dang. those middle tread blocks are IN LOVE. I guess that's why it's such a nice riding tire. How'd they balance?
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2007, 01:34 PM   #142
4x15MPH
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The Kumho's balanced beautifully from what I can tell. These are a great option for a 32" tire and at $130 they are hard to beat
Unread 01-14-2007, 06:01 PM   #143
Yeti342
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
The Kumho's balanced beautifully from what I can tell. These are a great option for a 32" tire and at $130 they are hard to beat
How is the road noise with them? Did you notice much of a power loss going from 30s to 32s?

Thanks
Yeti342 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2007, 07:48 PM   #144
4x15MPH
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Very low road noise and that was one of the reason I chose these. They also handled great in the rain today.

I did see a power loss but this is not my DD and I have a 5-spd so I just plan on increasing the RPM's/Revs... If I blow the engine, I will look forward to putting in an 8-cylinder :-)

I do have the 4.11 gears and I think that helps get by with these 32"s
Unread 01-15-2007, 03:35 AM   #145
RedGrand

RE KL-71's

Looks great... Where did you get em? I can't find anyone who even expects to have these in stock anytime soon.
RedGrand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2007, 05:25 PM   #146
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks good. Please post more pics of the whole Jeep with the tires on it. I'm thinking about these tires too. I didn't know they were even available in a 32" tire though. Glad to hear it.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2007, 10:12 PM   #147
58dDriver
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I am very intrested in the Trxus MT's, but I am wondering about how they ride on the road. compaired to goodyear mtr's maybe? how well do they balance aswell? I understand super swampers do not balance well at all. correct me if i am wrong please.
Unread 01-18-2007, 10:25 PM   #148
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58dDriver
I am very intrested in the Trxus MT's, but I am wondering about how they ride on the road. compaired to goodyear mtr's maybe? how well do they balance aswell? I understand super swampers do not balance well at all. correct me if i am wrong please.
The trxus tires ride pretty nice on the road. The ones i had rode like my kumho Mt's, very smooth. Yes swampers don't balance well and that goes for the trxus tires too. There are alot of balance issue posts regarding them, but then some had no issues.
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2007, 09:45 PM   #149
4x15MPH
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I got the Kumho MT KL71's from TireRack. They had them the day after I ordered them.
Unread 01-21-2007, 06:17 PM   #150
foxrider12390
1999 XJ Cherokee 

anyone know the tread life on the trxus?
foxrider12390 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
m/t , mt , mud , mud terrain , mud tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.