most miles out of goodyear tire - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > most miles out of goodyear tire

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

most miles out of goodyear tire

hey guys, i'm debating between the MTR w/k and the duratracs

I have heard that there shouldnt be much of a difference in tread wear, but i'd like to know who has the most miles on either tire, preferably in the 35" or 315/75r16 variety.

also, what load range are your tires

Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

bump
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
spearheadbill
2005 TJ Wrangler 

the Duratracs are more road worthy and should get more miles... it all depends on where you are going to play as to what tire you need.
spearheadbill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the response, and I understand that. I have had duratracs and loved them. what i am looking for is people currently running either set of tires and how many miles they have
Unread 03-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
ParaRigger
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I have been running 33x12.50x15 my DD for the last year. I rotate them every oil change (3000 miles), and think I may be lucky to get 30000 miles out of them. Not sure if I will run them again because of this.
ParaRigger is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

wow, so if you only get 30k out of the duratracs, what could you possibly get out of the mtr's. like 20k?
Unread 03-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
castorriver
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead_Jed View Post
wow, so if you only get 30k out of the duratracs, what could you possibly get out of the mtr's. like 20k?
How many miles a year do you drive your jeep?? My YJ probably averages about 5k/yr.
Registered Nurse Jeep Club Member #1 (I think...)

Verse 36: And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
castorriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #8
McNasty35
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I bought my MTR's in July of '09 and have out about 23k on them. I was stupid and didn't rotate like I should have. Considering that, I'm sure I can get another 10k out of them easy.
McNasty35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #9
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by castorriver View Post
How many miles a year do you drive your jeep?? My YJ probably averages about 5k/yr.
depending on how the summer is, 10-15k a year. but that really shouldn't matter on the overall mileage of a tire
Unread 03-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #10
castorriver
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I agree. But in my mind it's easier to drop $1100 on a set of tires that will last 4 or 5 yrs.
Registered Nurse Jeep Club Member #1 (I think...)

Verse 36: And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
castorriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.