maxxis bighorns? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > maxxis bighorns?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 07-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
rlewi09
2000 WJ 

maxxis bighorns?

i am about to get these for my 2000 grand cherokee in a 265/75/16 and a 6 ply. i was just wondering how is the ride and road noise? im going to be at appalachian this coming year and want to know how they do in the snow and ice because im going to be seeing quite a bit of that ha. thanks in advance

rlewi09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
Cherokee-at-16
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Im looking at tires too, and its between the maxxis bighorns, goodyear duratrac and cooper stt's.
my friends dad runns the maxxis on his dodge diese 2500. he has had them on amd while a tows things often. His kids also did a couple burnouts and they still look good tread wise. And we live in CT so they saw snow. Of course ice and rain is a little differnt and they willl brake loose some times.
Cherokee-at-16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
rlewi09
2000 WJ 

yea man those are the exact three i was looking at too. i decided against the stt's because they only came in a 10-ply that i could find and i would rather have a 6-ply to be easy on the inline 6 ha. but i love the look. and i think the bighorns look a lot more beefy than the duratracs and they are a bit cheaper too
Unread 07-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
Cherokee-at-16
2000 XJ Cherokee 

yea, i hear ya. I have general grabber A/T's right now and i want a more aggressive look thats good on the streets. The duratracs look like a very good cross breed (MUD with A/T). I have seen the maxxis over the past year on my friends dodge so i figure thy will be fine for my driving. The STT's were just a cheaper/ good looking tire. It all comes down to price and sizeing. I was going to go 33/12.5 but unless i get a lttle more lift i and thinking 32's so thats cuts out the Duratracs.
Cherokee-at-16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
whiskeyNcoke
1985 CJ7 

I hear they do okay. Somone on another board was selling a set to buy something different, cause they didn't do as well as he wanted. I guess they are quiet though.
whiskeyNcoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
wilsondl
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've had my bighorns about two weeks now. I like them a lot, they are very quite on the road, i drove from GA back to VA and i could barely hear them. As far as off road I'm not sure I've only had them in cow pastures nothing crazy. so far so good far me.
wilsondl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #7
jforse
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have had Bighorns for a year, they do well off road.
Unread 07-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #8
rlewi09
2000 WJ 

how is the wear on the tread and about how much do you have after that year?
Unread 07-13-2010, 08:21 AM   #9
jforse
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlewi09 View Post
how is the wear on the tread and about how much do you have after that year?
Excellent wear, I havent measured but there is still lots of tread depth. Havent had an issue with chunking on rocks either. The only thing I do is have them siped before winter, this makes them perform well on the icy roads.
Unread 07-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #10
rlewi09
2000 WJ 

ookay sweet man. a buddy of mine has some bighorns on a tacoma and the size on the tire says 32x11.50x16. yes 16 ha. i can't find these tires anywhere for sale but they are exactly what I would like to have. does anyone have these or have heard of these anywhere?
Unread 07-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #11
HaViiK
2001 WJ 

Try 265/75/16. Theyre 32x10.5
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/haviiks-01-wj-slow-build-1067820/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Black HaViiK:[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR="DarkRed"]2001 WJ, 4.0, 42re (rebuilt at 100k), 30/35, Rough Country X-Series, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Yakima Megawarrior & Big Powderhound, Grille Guard, KC Daylighter 130w, Custom Sub Box & 2 Kicker 12" CVR
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/zj-wj-faqs-read-first-contact-mod-changes-additions-591821/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]WJ/ZJ FAQ[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.facebook.com/steven.T.wright"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Facebook. Wheeling stuff in there.[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderheadrcx?feature=mhee"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Youtube Channel. GoPro/Wheeling stuff[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=rulppa(chat);10944366]whats with people (steve) with those monster sigs. reply is usually like ':E' then 2 pages of signature lol[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11226293]THE WINNER IS REDHOTCHILIDOG!!!!111!!1!!!!(OBNXIOUS HUGE BEEFSTEW STYLE FONT) I will PM winner for details[/QUOTE]
HaViiK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #12
rlewi09
2000 WJ 

can you post a picture of your 265's with your 4 inch lift? i have the same lift kit but need tires and would like to see those km2's in a 265
Unread 07-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #13
austentatious
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Good luck getting KM2s...theyre on a national back order...Ive been tryin to get my hands on some for quite awhile now...

|ProComp|Rokmen|Zone|MetalCloak|RockHard|Mastercraft|TomWoods|Novak|TenFactory|Synergy|
austentatious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #14
HaViiK
2001 WJ 

What size you trying to get? Lucky for me I picked a very un-popular size. I ordered mine from Summit.

And Im actually getting 32x11.5x15 but I can post a pic. Sometime tomorrow around this time I hope.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/haviiks-01-wj-slow-build-1067820/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Black HaViiK:[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR="DarkRed"]2001 WJ, 4.0, 42re (rebuilt at 100k), 30/35, Rough Country X-Series, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Yakima Megawarrior & Big Powderhound, Grille Guard, KC Daylighter 130w, Custom Sub Box & 2 Kicker 12" CVR
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/zj-wj-faqs-read-first-contact-mod-changes-additions-591821/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]WJ/ZJ FAQ[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.facebook.com/steven.T.wright"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Facebook. Wheeling stuff in there.[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderheadrcx?feature=mhee"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Youtube Channel. GoPro/Wheeling stuff[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=rulppa(chat);10944366]whats with people (steve) with those monster sigs. reply is usually like ':E' then 2 pages of signature lol[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11226293]THE WINNER IS REDHOTCHILIDOG!!!!111!!1!!!!(OBNXIOUS HUGE BEEFSTEW STYLE FONT) I will PM winner for details[/QUOTE]
HaViiK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #15
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've got a set of 35's on my TJ. The wear has been really good for an MT. Granted, my Jeep isn't a DD, but I've had them on there for...over 3 years I think now. I got them used (worked at a dealership, and they came in on a trade in), but still with a lot of tread. I've put a good 15-20k on them, from driving around town, to trails, and from here to Moab and back. They've done really well both for wear as well as grip off road. For the cost, I think they're one of the better tires out there, and I wouldn't hesitate to get another set.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
maxxis bighorn , maxis bighorn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.