Lug Pattern - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Lug Pattern

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
whyj1992
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Lug Pattern

I was wondering if it was a bad idea to do wheel spacers that take wheels from 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5.5 lug pattern. Any help?

Thanks.

whyj1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
Bigbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyj1992 View Post
I was wondering if it was a bad idea to do wheel spacers that take wheels from 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5.5 lug pattern. Any help?

Thanks.
Why are you doing this? Only reason I would is because I already had the 5.5 wheels and you needed the spacers.
Jeep Club Member #1340
6 Speed, Hardtop
Mods done: Hurst tee handle, cheap hand throttle, Rokmen Merc front bumper, Warn 9.5 TI winch with 3/8" X 100 worth of Viking yellow rope, DPG OME Ultimate with JKS ACOS up front, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid, Jeep Medic Belly Up, Skidrow Engine Skid, Rockcrusher Diff Skid in the rear, Warn Diff cover in front, , AR Outlaw II's and MTR 12:50/15's, Homemade rear Bumper, Cheap Cobra CB, Puma OBA, Sirius Radio, Locker Defeat, Rockhard cage, Rockmen short corners, homemade tire swing/tailgate hinge affair, Airlift air bags on the rear- - - - - - and more to come!
Bigbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
whyj1992
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbob View Post
Why are you doing this? Only reason I would is because I already had the 5.5 wheels and you needed the spacers.
I'm just wondering if this would be an advantage or worse.
whyj1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
Bigbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyj1992 View Post
I'm just wondering if this would be an advantage or worse.
The 5.5 pattern is stronger IMHO and Jeep should have kept it. But by going to an adapter you still have the 4.5 hubs and 5.5 wheels. I'd think the adapter/wheel interface would be stronger but overall everything is the same as the hub/adapter is 4.5.
Jeep Club Member #1340
6 Speed, Hardtop
Mods done: Hurst tee handle, cheap hand throttle, Rokmen Merc front bumper, Warn 9.5 TI winch with 3/8" X 100 worth of Viking yellow rope, DPG OME Ultimate with JKS ACOS up front, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid, Jeep Medic Belly Up, Skidrow Engine Skid, Rockcrusher Diff Skid in the rear, Warn Diff cover in front, , AR Outlaw II's and MTR 12:50/15's, Homemade rear Bumper, Cheap Cobra CB, Puma OBA, Sirius Radio, Locker Defeat, Rockhard cage, Rockmen short corners, homemade tire swing/tailgate hinge affair, Airlift air bags on the rear- - - - - - and more to come!
Bigbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.