lost a shoe, got to run a smaller tire for a couple weeks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > lost a shoe, got to run a smaller tire for a couple weeks

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-16-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
badweatherbiker
1995 YJ Wrangler 

lost a shoe, got to run a smaller tire for a couple weeks

I picked up a 95 YJ a couple weeks ago and the tires were almost shot and I lost one a couple days ago. The spare is a 30x9.5x15 and the tires on the jeeo were 31x10.5x15 is this gonna cause any trouble with the rear end? should I put it on the front? I have to run it for a couple eweks until I can afford a replacement

badweatherbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Ya, put the small one on the front.

Check your local craigslist in the mean time.

Good luck.
Unread 09-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #3
PhulesAu
1985 VJ 

^^^ x2
PhulesAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #4
badweatherbiker
1995 YJ Wrangler 

thanks guys thats what i did although I did run it on the rear for a few days. I was supposed to go pic up 2 tires today had it all worked out and on the way there called the guy and he told me he just sold them, what ever happened to an agreement these days?
Unread 09-16-2014, 04:06 PM   #5
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badweatherbiker View Post
thanks guys thats what i did although I did run it on the rear for a few days. I was supposed to go pic up 2 tires today had it all worked out and on the way there called the guy and he told me he just sold them, what ever happened to an agreement these days?
I hear you. That sucks a wet mop.

Have you tried any of the used tire places in your area? I've had some luck in the past doing that.
Unread 09-16-2014, 08:17 PM   #6
badweatherbiker
1995 YJ Wrangler 

called them all within 40 miles and not one of them has 15 inch tires even close to my size, I'll keep looking

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.