This looks like a great hybrid or aggressive AT, if available in a size you want. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > This looks like a great hybrid or aggressive AT, if available in a size you want.

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, Skids

Unread 03-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #16
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

One of the coolest things about narrow tires is you can often fit a taller tire when it's narrow.

Unread 03-18-2014, 04:08 PM   #17
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Ah, ****, I just saw that they are winter tires. While some may be OK with running winter-specific tires year-round, I am very not. This tread pattern already looks like it may wear quickly, but with softer rubber, I can only imagine how fast it would disappear in warmer temps. Winter rubber can be an unreliable performer in warmer temps, too--not something I'll ever risk. Still a respectable-looking tire, but my personal interest in it just went to 0 since it doesn't look like it would have even close to enough lateral grip in the snow that I demand (Nokian Hakka's continue to reign supreme for me). Oh well.
Unread 03-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #18
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I could be wrong, but I don't think they're Winter specific. As far as I know they are year round use general use commercial-hybrid-agressive AT tires that have a snow flake Winter rating that says they can also be used in Winter conditions.

Like a Duratrac is that ^ without being Winter specific.

Unless I misunderstood what they are.
Unread 03-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #19
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Based on Uniroyal's website, it's not entirely clear to me if this tire is a year round tire with Winter abilities, or a Winter only tire.
Unread 03-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #20
strvger01
1966 CJ5 

Charley3, i calculate the amount of pressure for my tires based on the weight of my vehicle. i posted the math needed in another thread here someplace. anyway, my tracker ran great with 25 psi on the e-rated tires. my little ranger pu needed them at 35psi for the extra weight i carried in it (extra 27gl gas tank in the bed). honestly, i never got squirrely in turns most likely due to the light weight of the vehicles, and the stiff sidewalls of the tires. and on both those vehicles, i aired them down to about 5psi on the trails. i always have my tires tubed if i expect them to see any off road time. never lost a bead or had a flat. it was nice being able to pick my way around the trails with the narrower tires. i got lots of laughs from the guys i'd ride with until they saw how well it all worked. mine always had the least (or none at all) body rash or trail damage of the group. did everything they all did, just did it without having to bash up against rocks and logs with tires too big to walk around those things.
Unread 03-21-2014, 10:58 AM   #21
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hmmmm, I've got 235/85/16 on my rig. I may have to remember these in the future....

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.