Looking for a good all terrain tire - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Looking for a good all terrain tire

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #31
ParaRigger
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3

Yes I did. Pics in my phone since Monday. Don't know how to post a pic from my phone.
If your using the Jeepforum app, when you reply to a thread, in the upper right hand corner next to the send button is a + sign, hit that. It gives you the options to add photos.

ParaRigger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #32
Jrdchiropractic
2009 JK Wrangler 

Love my duratracs. A little more aggressive than a typical AT, but really good in rain. Haven't seen snow more than 1/2" yet.

image-4281308523.jpg

image-3006326770.jpg

(0|||||||0)
Jrdchiropractic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #33
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

General Grabber AT3 new version photos I took at local tire store. 30 X 9.5 R15 (runs about 0.25" tall and 0.5" wide for the size of tire).

Larger lugs and voids than old version, and more stone ejector ridges (which also help self cleaning of mud and snow). Note the addition of two ejector ridges between each outer lug.

I have seen the older version. It has smaller lugs, closer together, less ejector-cleaning-ridges. The old version looks very much more like a BFG AT. New version has beefier tread than BFG AT.

The new version has the same shape lugs as before (or approx same), but each lug is larger and each void is larger. Not sure if the pics really show that since there is nothing to compare size and show scale. I should have put a coin in the photo. Hindsight is 20/20.

I loved these tires, except for their harsh ride quality on and off road. Every bump was a painful event to my bad back. However, if you have a healthy spine, don't need a soft ride, and you want excellent traction from an AT, then this on of the best traction ATs, IMO. Price is low, excellent value-bargain for what it is. They are German made, I've heard.

However, I now get same benefits from Cooper AT3 plus a soft(er) ride (soft riding for a load C), and it's made in USA. Price is medium. Good value.

Grabber AT3 (new version) pics follow:
2013-05-20-15.05.19.jpg   2013-05-20-15.05.38.jpg   2013-05-20-15.05.41.jpg   2013-05-20-15.05.45.jpg   2013-05-20-15.05.52.jpg  

2013-05-20-15.06.01.jpg  
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #34
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Those look identical to my AT2's honestly, other than mine being about bald. The only difference I see is a possible deeper tread groove, the AT2's and BFG T/A KO's are advertised at 16/32" tread depth. But I cant find anything about these "AT3" tires on the internet other than you talking about them. Google only returns results for the Cooper AT3.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #35
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

I think "AT3" is just a typo. I'm also unconvinced that they're really any different than they were. They look exactly the same as I remember AT2s being, and lots of comparison to older photos of AT2s shows no difference either--siping, ridges, stud locations, sidewall, etc. Larger tire sizes will obviously have larger lugs and voids, so maybe Charley is remembering a smaller size AT2 in comparison to the 30x9.5?
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #36
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

They are still a decent tire for the price, mine still have grip in most terrains despite being almost worn.

as you can see mine look identical to the ones pictured above.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.