Lift laws by state - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 52 Old 08-24-2004, 08:13 PM
AirborneSilva

Aloha Jerry, is there a reason why it is a sticky in the first place??

Just asking

Aloha

04 Rubicon, Stone White w/all options, RE 4.5" superflex, 1" BL & 1" MML, Custom Front Bumper, Custom Rear Bumper w/swing out tire carrier, Custom Rock Rails w/steps, Mile Marker 12K winch/w Amsteel Blue synthetic line, 15X8 Black Rock crawler wheels w/35X12.5 Pro Comp Mudders, 800 watt power inverter. York OBA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 52 Old 09-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not that I can see... POOF, it is now unstuck!

When you have a choice, buy American made.
post #18 of 52 Old 09-07-2004, 01:32 PM
AudioGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
Is there any reason I shouldn't remove this thread from its "Sticky" status?
Perhaps because the link in the first reply gives lift laws for most states?

It will cut down on people asking what lifts are legal in their states. They won't find it by searching since the title is about Mass. Maybe retitle the thread as Lift Laws by State and re-sticky...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't lie. God said so.

post #19 of 52 Old 09-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Good idea to retitle the thread and re-stick it AudiGuru, done!

When you have a choice, buy American made.
post #20 of 52 Old 10-19-2004, 03:49 PM
joyrider

this is very helpful:

lift laws for every state

97 TJ SE ...w/ nothing worth mentioning.
post #21 of 52 Old 11-07-2004, 02:23 PM
Devious
Hobo Shanker

2014 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I'm moving.

WYOMING

There are no official statutory gidelines for bumper height, frame height, rear blocks, or shakle lifts - all laws refering to these alterations say the vehicle must simply be in "safe" working condition.

Life is tough enough already, but it's even tougher when you're stupid
post #22 of 52 Old 11-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Devious
Hobo Shanker

2014 JK Wrangler 

Garage
West Virginia is incorrect also. They recently changed the body lift law to; no body lifts at all.

Life is tough enough already, but it's even tougher when you're stupid
post #23 of 52 Old 01-29-2005, 06:03 AM
KhakiRubicon

Massachusetts -- For a Rubicon the formula is 93.4 w/b X 59.5 w/t = 5557/2200 (the safety factor) = 2.5" max lift according to the Truckworld link above.

2004 Khaki Rubicon 5sp, Dual Top, AC, Sirius Sat Radio
Class III Draw Tite Hitch
Sheepskin Seat Covers
FX Mirrors
post #24 of 52 Old 04-23-2005, 05:10 PM
kaffeene

I'm trying to find out what the tilt tests are like in NJ.

12' JKU Rubicon
post #25 of 52 Old 05-01-2005, 10:29 PM
Rivka
Returning From Sabbatical

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Where to measure bumper height from?

I read this somewhere, but can't find again, good info to have here anyway...

Where do they measure bumper height from??

and does this vary by state, or mood of the guy with the ruler??

"If you don't have time to do it right, you are going to need time to do it over."
'05 Red Flame TJ Rubi UnLtd

"Teach a man how to take his doors off and he will enjoy his Jeep for a day,
teach him to search the forums and he will enjoy his Jeep for life!"
post #26 of 52 Old 05-17-2005, 06:38 PM
surfsmeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider
this is very helpful:

lift laws for every state
thank you it was very helpfull
post #27 of 52 Old 07-05-2005, 08:08 PM
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

2013 MJ Comanche 

it should be known that in PA, that if you get your vehicle classed as a modified vehicle (which is nearly impossible) you can get around those particular statutes. It's a fact not many people seem to know.

Quote:
Vehicles materially altered by the modification (customizing), without altering the original make will be issued a certificate
of title listing the original make, vehicle identification number and model year of the vehicle. The title will show an “M” brand
for modified vehicle. Vehicles modified by using a glider kit with an ownership document of certificate of title or
Manufacturer Certificate of Origin also fit into this category, however, no model year will be listed on the certificate of title.
All modified vehicles must be equipped as required by the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code and the Equipment and Inspection
Regulations for the proper body type of the vehicle. No exceptions can be made, since modified vehicles are required to
pass the safety inspection program. The following items are required for a modified vehicle application:

❖ Form MV-1, “Application for Certificate of Title.” Form MV-1 is not needed if the Pennsylvania Certificate of Title is
already in the name of the applicant. NOTE: Issuing agents are prohibited from issuing temporary registration plates
or transferring a registration in conjunction with an application for a modified vehicle title. Issuing agents should
remind applicants that the vehicle cannot be operated until the application is processed and registration plates are
issued or transferred by the Department.

❖ Form MV-4, “Pennsylvania Certificate of Title,” or an out-of-state certificate of title. NOTE: Non-repairable or for
parts only certificates of salvage, certificates of title or manufacturers certificate of origin for three-wheel or fourwheel
all terrain vehicles (ATV’s) or a New York 907A form are not acceptable for a modified title application.

❖ Form MV-426, “Application for Reconstructed, Specially Constructed or Modified Vehicle.” (See Form MV-426B for
detailed instructions.)

❖ Four (4) color photos of the vehicle are required - front, both sides, and rear of the vehicle. If the vehicle is a
motorhome, additional interior photographs are required. (See Form MV-426B for detailed instructions on
photographs.)

❖ Bill of Sale and other receipts for parts purchased and used in restoration must be submitted.

❖ All applicable fees and taxes.

❖ If a Pennsylvania state replacement vehicle identification number (VIN) plate is required, Form MV-41 (Application
for Correction of Vehicle Record) must be completed and attached.
they go on to quote suspension lifts and other stuff...

http://www.dot10.state.pa.us/pdotfor...s/fs-recon.pdf

(lj)

ಠ_ಠ
post #28 of 52 Old 08-13-2005, 12:36 AM
Bolt-Thrower

I believe 4in. over "stock height" is okay.
post #29 of 52 Old 10-19-2005, 10:48 PM
BGarner
1994 YJ Wrangler 

in MA you can only mod it to 2" over stock height or 2" under stock height. Woops looks like im illegal, and my dads the chief of police in my town

Tires cant stick out the sides either, which leads me to a story haha.....

So i go to get my jeep inspected (2000 wrangler, 3" lift, 32x11.50s). My tires stick out about 1.5-2". So the guys doin his thing, checkin lights and whatnot, and when hes done he backs my jeep outa the garage and gives me my reg back along with my $1 change ($29 inspection, gave him $30). I havent seen if he passed it or not but the color sticker for this year in MA is red, as is a regection sticker. So i see the red and think i failed cause of my tires. Then the guy comes up and whispers to me 'put a little shallower dish wheels on that and itll be almost legal' hands me my reg and $1 and i get into my jeep and get ready to leave when i notice a $20 bill stuck to the back of my $1 bill. So i think to myself 'damn i wanna keep this $20 thats like gas money for about a day . But i gave it back to the guy and told him it was stuck, afterall, he passed me and it didnt have to.

-1994 YJ 7" total lift, 35s, Ford 302, Ford 8.8 rear with 4.88s and discs, tom woods drive shafts
post #30 of 52 Old 10-20-2005, 08:46 PM
Deezul

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey BG.....do you post on the NEJ boards?

2004 Khaki Rubicon. Jeeperman Custom Brushguard and 54" bumper, Kilby steering skid, Skidrow radiator skid, SRC Rockcrawler rocker guards, UFW Al Engine Skid, OME Shocks, JKS Quicker Discos, AEM Dryflo intake;KC Slimlight 130W Long range lights, ORO LiteDots and LitePlate, Banks Stainless Monster cat-back, Eclipse stereo, BA Speakers, Jeeperman Handles, Cobra CB, interior leds... more to come.

**R.I.P NOW TOTALED** 98TJ Sport, 30x9.5 BFG ATKO's on AR Outlaw II's, K&N FIPK, Borla Catback,
Green jeep club member #139

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.