Lift issues, nee help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Lift issues, nee help

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 01-22-2005, 06:23 PM   #1
Baze

Lift issues, need help

I have a 94 YJ with a 4cyl, back in October I bought a Pro Comp 4 lift with ES9000 shocks. It is very, very rough. I have only put about 300 miles on the jeep since I have bought the lift. I have talked to several people and have received some of these tips: Take one of the springs out of the front springs, upgrade the shocks, disconnect the sway bar (which I have done). Could someone with experience, or more knowledge that I have help me with what I should do. Should I buy new springs, buy a whole new lift kit ?? Thanks for the help.

Chad

33x12.5

Last edited by Baze; 01-22-2005 at 06:41 PM..
Baze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2005, 07:39 PM   #2
350Jeep

i used to have the Pro Comp 2.5" lift and i agree, there lifts are very stiff and not that good for flex. I have since changed to the Rubicon Express Extreme Duty 4.5" lift (they have an Extreme Duty 2.5" also) and the ride, on and off road is considerably better. It flexes extremely well too. I dont know about now, but the Pro Comp lifts when i bought it did not come with sway bar disconnects and you had to use your stock shackles. The RE's are a tad expensive, but well worth it. Just my 2 cents.
'92 Wrangler, 350ci Chevy w/ Holley Truck Avenger carb, B-W WC T4, NP231 w/ JB conversions SYE, Ford 8.8 rearend w/ ARB, Dana 44 front w/ ARB, 4.10's, Rubicon Express XD 4.5" lift, 35" MT/R's on 15"x8" American Racing wheels, 6" Bushwacker cut-out TJ-style fender flares, custom polished aluminum dash w/ full set of Autometer Ultra-Lite gauges, Warn HS9500i winch, Big Daddy Step Rock Rails, custom, self-made rear bumper
350Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.